Chicken Stir Fry
This Chicken Stir Fry is an easy dinner idea, made with chicken, vegetables and a delicious stir fry sauce. This stir fry recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal. To make this recipe come together easily, prep all of your ingredients before you begin cooking.
Servings: 4 servings
Stir Fry Sauce
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¾ pound broccoli cut into bite-size pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 large carrots sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 2 bell peppers cut into thin slices
- 4 green onions white and light green parts only, sliced
Combine all stir fry sauce ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Whisk together and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
When the pan is hot, add the cubed chicken and cook until browned and almost cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer the chicken to a clean plate.
Add the remaining tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the broccoli and carrots and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers to the pan and continue stir frying the veggies until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
Whisk the stir fry sauce to recombine. Add the chicken back to the pan, followed by the sauce. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
Stir in the green onions. Serve stir fry over cooked rice.
- To make your stir fry spicy, add crushed red pepper flakes, sriracha or sweet chili sauce to the stir fry sauce, to taste.
- The stir fry sauce can be made up to one week ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container. The vegetables can be washed and chopped up to two days ahead, and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them.
- Nutrition information does not include rice.
Serving: 1/4 recipe | Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 907mg | Potassium: 1049mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 8561IU | Vitamin C: 158mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com