Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
These Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are soft, chewy and packed with peanut butter and oats. The delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate makes these cookies so irresistible!
Servings: 36 cookies
- 1 ½ cups quick oats* (also called instant oats or 1-minute oats)
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup honey*
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips plus more for tops of cookies, if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, stir together oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a medium bowl, melt the butter. Stir in the peanut butter, and then the applesauce, honey, egg, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
Chill the dough for 30 minutes to make it less sticky. Scoop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls and place on the prepared baking sheets. Use your fingers to gently flatten each cookie a little, as they won't flatten on their own during baking.
Bake 8-10 minutes, until just set and barely golden. (If baking more than one pan at a time, rotate the pans halfway through the baking time.) Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Quick oats will give you cookies with the best texture, but you can use old fashioned rolled oats if that's all you have.
- If you don't have white whole wheat flour, regular whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour may be used.
- You can substitute pure maple syrup for the honey.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com