Mediterranean Stuffed Mini Peppers
These stuffed mini peppers are a healthy, vegetarian appetizer with lots of crunch! Full of Mediterranean flavor wth a Greek vinaigrette, cucumber and kalamata olives.
Servings: 18 peppers
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¾ tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- few grinds of black pepper
For the Peppers:
- 18 sweet mini bell peppers about 1 pound
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, and chopped (1 cup)
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup drained and chopped sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
Prepare the peppers:
Lay each pepper down so that it will lay flat. On the top side of each pepper, cut a triangle-shaped opening. Chop the cut out triangle pieces of bell pepper and place them in a medium bowl.
To the bowl with the chopped bell pepper pieces, add the cucumber, red onion, kalamata olives, and sun dried tomatoes. Stir to mix. Add the feta and parsley and stir gently until just combined. Carefully stir in the vinaigrette.
Spoon some of the filling into each bell pepper and place on a serving dish. Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours until ready to serve.
Serving: 1mini pepper | Calories: 42kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1004IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
All Rights Reserved © Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com