Mediterranean Stuffed Mini Peppers
These stuffed mini peppers are a healthy, vegetarian appetizer with lots of crunch! Full of Mediterranean flavor wth a Greek vinaigrette, cucumber and kalamata olives.
I created these stuff mini peppers as an appetizer for a baby shower. We’re doing a mini theme for the shower – mini appetizers and mini desserts are much more fun than full size. And when things are bite sized, you can sample more of them. ;). So delicious! If you are looking for a main dish try my easy stuffed peppers recipe.
You will cut out and chop one side of each sweet mini pepper along with the other ingredients. Finely chop all the ingredients, cucumber, red onions, kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and parsley. Next add the feta and dressing prepared in step one. Spoon the filling into the mini peppers and serve or refrigerate until needed.
These vegetarian Stuffed Mini Peppers are full of flavor and perfect for serving as an appetizer at your next party or baby shower. I always like to serve a healthy appetizer along with all of the other treats at a party, and these mini pepper bites are just the thing. The kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, and cucumber filling give these mini peppers a delicious Mediterranean flavor. A red wine vinegar and lemon juice vinaigrette brings the the flavors together in these vegetarian stuffed mini peppers.
More mini appetizers and desserts for your next party or shower:
Caprese Cups – Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Almost No Bake Pineapple Squares – The Recipe Rebel
Key Lime Cheesecake Bars with Coconut Macadamia Crust – Flavor the Moments
Lemon Macarons – Life Made Sweeter
Lemon Lime Bars – Bake. Eat. Repeat.
Chocolate and Salted Caramel Swirled Meringues – Floating Kitchen
Prosciutto-Wrapped Avocado Crostini with Balsamic Glaze – My Sequined Life
Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes – My Kitchen Craze
Pepper Jack and Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes – A Latte Food
No Bake Baileys S’mores Mousse Cups – With Salt and Wit
Strawberry Shortcake Bread – Maebells
Banana Cream Pie Dessert Nachos – Whole and Heavenly Oven
Lemon Cream Pie Bites – Bakerita
Balsamic Strawberry Wonton Bites – Sweet Peas & Saffron
Mediterranean Stuffed Mini Peppers
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¾ tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- few grinds of black pepper
For the Peppers:
- 18 sweet mini bell peppers about 1 pound
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, and chopped (1 cup)
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup drained and chopped sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
Make the vinaigrette:
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Prepare the peppers:
- Lay each pepper down so that it will lay flat. On the top side of each pepper, cut a triangle-shaped opening. Chop the cut out triangle pieces of bell pepper and place them in a medium bowl.
- To the bowl with the chopped bell pepper pieces, add the cucumber, red onion, kalamata olives, and sun dried tomatoes. Stir to mix. Add the feta and parsley and stir gently until just combined. Carefully stir in the vinaigrette.
- Spoon some of the filling into each bell pepper and place on a serving dish. Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours until ready to serve.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!