Crispy and incredibly flavorful, these Cajun Fries have the best spicy kick! Serve them with burgers, grilled cheese sandwiches, baked chicken and more!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 medium Russet potatoes unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning see note below for individual spices*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Scrub the potatoes and pat them dry. Slice into 3/8-inch thick French fries by first slicing potatoes into 3/8-inch thick slices and then cutting each slice into 3/8-inch thick fries.
Place the fries into a bowl, fill with cold water to cover the fries, and let soak for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Take the fries out of the water and dry them very well with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels. Rinse out the soaking bowl and dry it well. Place dry fries back in the bowl.
Drizzle the olive oil over the fries and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning and salt (or use the individual spices listed in the note below). Toss to evenly coat the potatoes with the seasonings.
Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the parchment lined baking sheet with a bit of room in between each French fry. This helps them to crisp up as they cook.
Bake for 27-31 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Instead of the 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon salt, you can use: 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and a 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (for moderately spicy, adjust the cayenne to your tastes).
- To cook in an air fryer: Preheat air fryer to 380° F for 5 minutes. Arrange fries in a single layer in air fryer basket. Air fry at 380° F for 14-18 minutes, tossing to flip the fries after 8 minutes.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 467mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 494IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
All Rights Reserved © Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com