Broccoli Stir Fry
This easy Broccoli Stir Fry is perfect for lunch or dinner, as a main course or side dish. With stir-fried vegetables and the best stir fry sauce, this dish is packed with flavor!
Servings: 4 servings
For the Sauce:
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste, optional for added spice
For the Stir Fry:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound broccoli chopped into bite-sized florets
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 bell pepper red, yellow or orange, sliced
- cooked white or brown rice for serving
- sesame seeds optional, for serving
Combine all stir fry sauce ingredients in a small bowl: water, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, black pepper, cornstarch and red pepper flakes (if using). Whisk to mix. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes. If you find that the pan is getting too hot on medium-high, turn the heat down to medium.
Add the bell pepper and continue cooking, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Whisk the sauce again to recombine the ingredients. Pour the sauce into the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until the sauce thickens.
Serve over cooked rice, garnished with sesame seeds if desired.
- Nutrition information estimate does not include rice.
- For a gluten free stir fry, substitute the soy sauce with gluten-free coconut aminos, gluten-free tamari or gluten-free soy sauce.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 618mg | Potassium: 755mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1639IU | Vitamin C: 140mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
All Rights Reserved © Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com