Slow Cooker Turkey Chickpea Chili
Put your crock pot to work with this easy, protein-packed Slow Cooker Turkey Chickpea Chili. This is one of our favorite healthy chili recipes!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bell peppers chopped (I used orange and yellow)
- 2 (15 ounces each) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 28 ounce can petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Optional toppings: grated cheese, sliced green onions, tortilla chips, avocado, Greek yogurt or sour cream
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and ground turkey. Season with salt and pepper and cook, breaking up the turkey, until meat is browned. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
To the meat in the slow cooker, add the spices, bell peppers, chickpeas, and diced tomatoes; stir. Then stir in the chicken broth.
Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours (a little more or less time is ok). Serve with your favorite chili toppings. Enjoy!
Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1210mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 7g
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com