Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
This Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal is a yummy make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings! This healthy breakfast is both gluten free and refined sugar free.
Why bake your oatmeal?
Why not? 😉
We love baked oatmeal because the texture and flavor is almost dessert-like, yet it’s healthy and super easy to make! This Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal is just sweet enough, and it’s soft on the inside with a slight crust on the top. The oats cook in a mixture of milk and eggs, with mashed banana, maple syrup, and vanilla for sweetness.
And let’s not forget the strawberries! Strawberries are my favorite in oatmeal. When I was a kid, I could not get enough of the strawberries and cream flavor of those instant oatmeal packets. These days, I’d much rather get my strawberries and cream fix with this baked oatmeal. Since it’s made with old-fashioned rolled oats and isn’t packed with sugar, my blood sugar stays stable for hours after eating this. One of those oatmeal packets would fill me up for maybe 20 minutes, tops?
You can mix this Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal up in the morning and then enjoy your coffee while it bakes. It doesn’t take much time to make. Washing and chopping the strawberries will probably take you longer than getting the rest together.
This recipe serves 8, so it makes a big dish of oatmeal. I like to cook big and then enjoy leftovers for a few days. If you prefer a smaller batch of baked oatmeal, you can halve this recipe and bake it in an 8×8-inch square baking dish.
Sometimes I’ll bake a big dish of Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal on a Monday night and then we’re set for breakfasts on Tuesday and Wednesday. This is especially helpful during the busy school year when mornings are rushed!
It’s currently strawberry season, and with our weekly farmers’ market trips we’ve had no shortage of fresh strawberries. When ripe, sweet strawberries are no longer available, I’ll substitute frozen blueberries in this recipe. And we’ll also make our two other favorite baked oatmeal recipes, Pumpkin Pecan Baked Oatmeal and Cinnamon-Maple Baked Oatmeal.
Why this strawberry banana baked oatmeal is a favorite:
- Oats are a healthy, high-fiber whole grain. They are heart-healthy and may help stabilize your blood sugar.
- Between the oats, eggs, milk, and fruit, this baked oatmeal is a filling breakfast.
- If you don’t know already, we love make-ahead breakfasts!
Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana about 3 medium
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups milk whichever type you prefer
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 ½ cups chopped strawberries plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed banana, eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Stir in the oats and then the strawberries until combined.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until oatmeal is set. (A toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean, rather than wet.)
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve oatmeal topped with additional strawberries.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!