Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles
These Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles are a 20 minute meal that’s gluten free and full of fresh flavors. This healthy dinner is made in one pot!
A few weekends ago, my parents offered to take the kids for a day so that Brad and I could get some things done around the house. Before kids, I remember many a Saturday spent lazing around with nothing to show for it at the end. Now? If I have a kid-free day I make the most of it!
We started our day with a trip to the farmer’s market and Whole Foods. Then we came home and organized so. much. stuff. around the house (trying to minimalize and get rid of stuff before baby #4 arrives!).
I debated whether or not I should take a break from organizing to test and photograph a recipe. It’s such a luxury to take my food photos without little ones running around me, so I decided to do the recipe, but to make sure it was a quick and easy one!
I made and photographed these shrimp and zucchini noodles, and we enjoyed them for lunch. This dish was perfect for a relaxed lunch with just the two of us. The flavors of the lemon, garlic, zucchini and shrimp go together so well!
In the afternoon, we did more tidying up and I got some work done on the computer. We ended the day with a quiet dinner out, just the two of us. It was wonderful.
These Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles are the perfect date night dinner (or lunch). This dish couldn’t be easier to make, and it’s both light and filling at the same time. I’d also make this for a family dinner. If your kids aren’t big on zucchini noodles, you could try mixing in some cooked spaghetti.
I’m sharing this recipe for 30 Minute Thursday! Today is the first Thursday of July… summer, please slow down! On the first Thursday of every month a few of my friends and I each share a dinner recipe that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less. You’ll find my friends’ quick and easy recipes below. I recommend saving them to your 30 Minute Meals Pinterest board so you’ll always have easy dinner ideas to choose from when you make your meal plan.
Tips for making these shrimp and zucchini noodles:
- You’ll need a spiralizer to make the zucchini noodles. I have this one and love it. At the $20 price tag, I think it’s well worth it to buy this kitchen tool that allows you to work more vegetables into your meals in a fun way! (You can also try my other favorite zucchini noodle recipe and this spiralized sweet potato dish.)
- I’m a leftover-loving girl (who doesn’t enjoy a night off from cooking?), but this dish is not one to save for leftovers. Make just as much as you need, as it’s best eaten right away.
- You can easily make this meal dairy free by using all olive oil and omitting the butter.
- See my list of 35+ best zucchini recipes!
More 30 Minute Dinners for you to try!
Cheesy Beef Tortellini Skillet by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Watermelon and Tomato Gazpacho with Chimichurri Sauce by Floating Kitchen
Grilled Fig, Bacon, and Arugula Flatbread Pizza by Flavor the Moments
Avocado Pesto Quesadillas by She Likes Food
Mexican Quinoa Salad by Life Made Sweeter
Southwestern Grilled Turkey Burgers (Freezer) by Sweet Peas & Saffron
One Pot Pasta Primavera by The Recipe Rebel
Shrimp Quesadillas with Avocado Cream by Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- pinch red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 3 medium zucchini stems trimmed and spiralized into noodles
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pink. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook 1 more minute.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles, lemon juice and zest. Cook, stirring gently, 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to over cook the zucchini.
- Remove from heat, stir in parsley, and serve.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!