Honey Garlic Salmon
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
When you’re craving a fast, fresh and tasty dinner, Honey Garlic Salmon is the recipe you want to have in your back pocket. This easy salmon recipe features a sweet and tangy honey garlic sauce, succulent salmon and roasted vegetables, all cooked on one pan.
Salmon recipes are some of my favorites because they’re easy to make and my whole family loves salmon for dinner. Besides this honey garlic salmon, our go-to salmon recipes include Baked Salmon and Air Fryer Salmon.
This honey garlic salmon cooks up tender and succulent. The honey garlic sauce caramelizes on the salmon as it bakes, and a bit of the glaze seeps into the veggies, making them extra irresistible. If you love honey garlic sauce, you might also enjoy Honey Garlic Pork Chops and Honey Garlic Chicken.
Why You’ll Love Honey Garlic Salmon
- One Pan: You can’t beat an easy sheet pan dinner when you want to get a meal on the table fast. When the whole meal cooks on one pan, both prep and clean up are a breeze!
- Quick and Easy: You can have this meal on your table in just about 30 minutes.
- Customizable: Instead of potatoes and green beans, you can use other vegetables based on what you have on hand. I’ve listed some ideas below.
Honey Garlic Salmon Recipe Ingredients
- Salmon: The salmon should be cut into fillets that are 4-6 ounces each, so that they finish cooking at the same time as the potatoes and green beans. Try to buy salmon the day you plan to cook it, for maximum freshness.
- Honey Garlic Sauce: The sauce is a mixture of olive oil, honey, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, fresh garlic and black pepper. The soy sauce adds a bit of salty, umami flavor. The Dijon mustard is the secret ingredient that makes the sauce extra tasty!
- Potatoes: Both red or gold potatoes work well. Cut them into 1/2-inch cubes so that they cook quickly. You don’t need to peel them.
- Green Beans: Trim the stem ends off of the green beans.
- Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper: To season the veggies.
Find the full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions in the recipe card below.
How to Make Honey Garlic Salmon
- Whisk together the honey garlic sauce ingredients.
- In a large bowl, drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat the potatoes with the seasonings.
- Spread the potatoes out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° F for 5 minutes. The potatoes need a bit of a head start in the oven, since they take longer than the green beans and salmon to cook through.
- While the potatoes are in the oven, toss the green beans with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the green beans to the pan with the potatoes. Then scoot the veggies to the edges of the pan and place the salmon fillets in the center. (Be careful, since the pan will be hot!)
- Spoon half of the honey garlic sauce over the salmon.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then spoon the remaining sauce over the salmon. Bake for 5-10 more minutes, until salmon is cooked through to 145° F.
Honey Garlic Salmon Recipe Tips:
- Don’t overcook the salmon, which could dry it out. Salmon should be cooked to 145° F.
- Save half of the honey garlic sauce to spoon over the salmon in the last few minutes of cooking. You can also spoon some over the vegetables, if desired.
- Be sure to give the potatoes a 5 minute head start in the oven. They need to cook longer than the green beans and salmon to become tender.
- This meal is best served right after baking the salmon and veggies. If you have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it’s endlessly customizable. You can switch out the veggies based on what’s in season, what you enjoy, and what you have on hand.
- Zucchini (1-inch pieces), asparagus and bell peppers (1-inch pieces) can be added to the pan at the same time as the salmon.
- Brussels sprouts (halved), broccoli florets, sweet potatoes (3/4-inch pieces) and carrots (1.5-inch pieces) should be baked for 5 minutes before adding the salmon to the pan, as these vegetables take a bit longer to become tender.
More Salmon Recipes
Honey Garlic Salmon with Vegetables
For the Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds red or gold potatoes (scrubbed and cut into ½-inch cubes)
- ¾ pound green beans (washed, dried, and trimmed)
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on (4-6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the honey garlic sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to evenly coat the potatoes. Spread potatoes out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. (You will add the green beans and salmon to the pan after the 5 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, place the green beans in the bowl that held the potatoes. Drizzle with ½ tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- After the potatoes have baked for 5 minutes, take the pan out of the oven. Add the green beans to the pan, and then move the vegetables to the edges of the pan to make room for the salmon in the middle. (Be careful, as the pan is hot.)
- Place the salmon fillets in the middle of the pan. Spoon about half of the honey garlic sauce onto the salmon and spread it over the tops of the salmon fillets.
- Use oven mitts to return the pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then spoon the remaining sauce over the salmon. Bake for 5-10 more minutes or until salmon is cooked through to 145° F in the center. Serve immediately.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!