4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola
This peanut butter granola is made with just 4 ingredients, in only 10 minutes of prep time. It’s crisp and lightly sweetened, with just the right amount of peanut butter flavor. You will want to eat this homemade peanut butter granola by the handful!
Homemade granola is one of my favorite meal prep breakfasts! You make it ahead of time, and then all that you have to do in the morning is pour it into your bowl and add whatever toppings you like. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
When it comes to food, simplicity is often best and that is so true with this recipe. You only need 4 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time to make amazing, crunchy peanut butter granola.
This granola is perfectly balanced in its peanut butter flavor. Not too much peanut butter that it’s overwhelming, but enough that it is unmistakably peanut butter granola. This homemade granola is full of big clusters, which are the best part of granola if you ask me!
I recommend serving your peanut butter granola with sliced banana and milk for breakfast. It makes a yummy topper for plain Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey. It’s irresistible with chocolate chips mixed in for dessert! You can also mix in chopped peanuts or toasted coconut.
Do you get as excited as I do about recipes like this one? So excited that you just can’t help but make them immediately? I thought so. I bet I know what you’ll be making later today. It’s a good thing you probably already have all 4 ingredients in your pantry! 😉
You should also try my other best peanut butter recipes: these nutty peanut butter granola bars (no bake) and these irresistible peanut butter chocolate chip cookie energy bites!
How to make peanut butter granola with 4 ingredients:
Start by measuring out your old-fashioned oats. I like to use my kitchen scale to do this because it’s quick and I don’t dirty an extra measuring cup. You can measure the oats right into the large bowl that you will use to mix up the granola. I’ve included the weight measurement for the oats in the recipe below.
Next, you’ll measure and warm your peanut butter and honey. Again, I like to minimize the number of dishes I use when I cook, so I measure both into the same liquid measuring cup. You want to use a microwave safe measuring cup. I use a 2-cup glass Pyrex liquid measuring cup. Pour the honey in first to the 1/2 cup line and then scoop in the peanut butter until the mixture reaches the 1 cup mark. Be generous with your peanut butter measurement – a little extra is better than not enough.
Heat the honey and peanut butter mixture for about 45 seconds to help melt the peanut butter. Add the vanilla extract and whisk until the mixture is combined. While the mixture is still warm, pour it over the oats in the bowl and then stir until combined.
Bake your granola on a rimmed baking sheet according to the instructions below.
Tips for making homemade peanut butter granola cereal:
- You can use either natural peanut butter or traditional no-stir peanut butter in this recipe. I always have good results using natural peanut butter. I recommend buying natural peanut butter because it’s made with just two ingredients – peanuts and salt.
- Can you use quick oats in this homemade granola? No, you need to use old-fashioned (rolled) oats for the best texture.
- Can you leave out the honey in this recipe? I wouldn’t recommend it. The honey is needed to help the granola cluster together.
- What can I use in place of the honey? I would recommend pure maple syrup as a honey substitute. Using pure maple syrup in place of the honey will make this a vegan granola recipe.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- How can I make crispy granola? While this granola bakes, it will fill your house with the most delicious peanut butter aroma. It will be hard to resist eating spoonful after spoonful as soon as the pan comes out of the oven, but do try! The flavor is great right away, but if you wait, the granola will crisp up as it cools. It’s so much better when crisp.
This crispy, crunchy peanut butter granola is delicious by the handful, but I usually enjoy it with a splash of milk. And if I’m feeling indulgent, I do this:
Are you a fan of the peanut butter-banana-chocolate combo? Then go ahead, make a batch of this peanut butter granola, add some banana slices and chocolate chips, and dig in. You’re welcome.
4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola
- 5 cups (430g) old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter natural or regular
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Place oats in a large bowl. Combine honey and peanut butter in a liquid measuring cup. Heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds, until the peanut butter starts to melt. Whisk peanut butter and honey to blend. Add in vanilla and whisk to incorporate.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats and stir until well combined. Spread granola in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet (line the baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up). Bake for 20 minutes, stir, and then press granola into an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes more until granola becomes light golden brown.
- Let cool completely on baking sheet. The granola will become crisp as it cools. Store granola in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!