This Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad is packed with flavors and textures! Sweet strawberries, creamy avocado, toasty walnuts, tangy feta, and a honey-lemon vinaigrette will make this kale salad your new favorite!
Kale salads. Are you a fan? I will admit that they can take some getting used to at first. But so long as you know a few tricks, you’ll be eating bowl after bowl of these healthy greens.
Raw kale sometimes has a little too much texture for my tastes. I can eat it, but I don’t always crave it. The trick is to massage the kale for a minute or so to soften it up a bit. That’s what I did in this Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad. A little lemon juice, a little massaging, and that kale is ready to be devoured.
Another way of softening kale is to let it marinate in the salad dressing for a few hours before serving. That’s the method I use when I make this Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad, one of my all-time favorite salads.
Once you’ve got the kale tendered up a bit, the key is to add all sorts of flavor in the form of salad toppings. Here I’ve added fresh, sweet strawberries, creamy avocado, crunchy toasted walnuts, and tangy feta cheese. I absolutely love feta on salads, and it is the perfect complement to the other flavors in this Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad. Tangy feta + honey-lemon vinaigrette + leafy kale = so yum.
Did I mention this salad is easy and quick to make? So you’ll want to add it to your dinner menu at least once a week this strawberry season. I’m sure of it. 🙂
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (you will need an additional 2 teaspoons for the kale)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large bunch kale (about 8 cups)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
- 1 large avocado, chopped into bite-size pieces
- ¾ cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Whisk or shake until well combined. Set aside.
- Cut kale leaves off of stalks; discard stalks. Chop leaves into strips and wash thoroughly in a bowl of cold water. Dry kale and place in a large bowl.
- Pour 2 teaspoons lemon juice over kale and massage with your hands for about 1 minute to slightly soften kale.
- Pour vinaigrette over kale (you might not need it all – save the leftovers in a sealed jar in your refrigerator for salads later in the week), and toss until evenly coated. Add strawberries, avocado, walnuts, and feta to the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
More Crave-Worthy Kale Recipes:
I think you’ll also love these kale recipes from friends:
Kale Caesar Salad from A Happy Food Dance
Southwestern Chopped Kale Salad with Crispy Tortilla Strips and a Honey-Lemon Vinaigrette from Sweet Peas and Saffron
Rainbow Veggie Kale Scrambled Eggs from Whole and Heavenly Oven