Easy Broccoli Cheese Quiche (5 Ingredients)
An easy broccoli cheese quiche recipe, made with just 5 ingredients! This vegetarian broccoli cheddar quiche is a family favorite for dinner, breakfast or lunch!
This broccoli cheese quiche is one of those recipes that you want to have in your back pocket, for those nights when you’re just not sure what to make for dinner. It’s so simple to make with just 5 ingredients (plus salt and pepper). And it’s much better than relying on takeout!
I love the versatility of this recipe. Quiche is acceptable to eat any time of day, right? Whether you need a dish to serve at a holiday brunch, a comforting lunch, an easy to prepare dinner, or a meal prep breakfast, this easy broccoli cheese quiche is here for you.
To make this quiche, you start by rolling out your pie crust, if necessary. I usually use a pre-shaped pie shell (see tips below) to save time. If you want to make your own pie crust, I love this easy recipe… and it requires no dough chilling time!
To make the quiche filling, first you cook the broccoli until it’s crisp-tender. You can cook the broccoli in a steamer basket on your stove, by boiling it in a pot of water (covered), or in the microwave. (Microwave in a bowl with a small amount of water, loosely covered with plastic wrap.) Be careful not to over cook the broccoli, as it will cook more in the oven.
Once the broccoli is cooked, chop it up small. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped broccoli and some shredded cheddar. Pour the egg filling into the pie shell and bake the quiche until the eggs are just set.
You can customize this quiche recipe as desired. With eggs, milk, salt and pepper as the base, add in your favorite fillings. Other chopped veggies such as onion, bell pepper, spinach, zucchini, asparagus or even sweet potatoes would be delicious. I’d recommend cooking the veggies in a small amount of olive oil on the stove before adding them to the egg mixture. Other cheeses such as pepper jack, mozzarella, goat cheese or feta would also work well.
Use up whatever you have left in your refrigerator at the end of the week!
If you want a crust-less option, I recommend my Potato, Spinach and Cheese Egg Casserole.
Tips for making this easy broccoli cheese quiche:
- I save time by using a store-bought pie crust when I make this quiche. I like the whole wheat pie shells made by Wholly Wholesome brand, which I find at my local Whole Foods in their freezer section. They’re made with just a few, recognizable ingredients. The pie shells come in a 2-pack, so I always keep one on hand in my freezer. (This post isn’t sponsored, I’m just sharing because I love and use these pie crusts often to save time.)
- You don’t need to pre-bake the pie crust. Just pour in the filling and the crust bakes along with the rest of the quiche.
- Leftover quiche reheats wonderfully. I wrap up the extra and save it in my refrigerator for quick breakfasts. I bet this would also freeze well if you wrapped individual slices airtight. I just haven’t tried it yet!
Easy Broccoli Cheese Quiche (5 Ingredients)
An easy broccoli cheese quiche recipe, made with just 5 ingredients! This broccoli cheddar quiche is a family favorite for dinner, breakfast or lunch!
- 2 cups broccoli florets (about ½ pound)
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk (I used whole milk)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 9-inch whole wheat pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out pie crust, if not already shaped, and chill until ready to use.
- Place 1-2 cups water in the bottom of a small pot. Add the broccoli, cover, and bring to a boil. Cook the broccoli until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer broccoli to a colander, rinse with cool water, and drain. Chop broccoli into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped broccoli and cheddar cheese. Pour into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake quiche for 35-40 minutes, until eggs are set in the center. Check on quiche starting at 25 minutes and tent with foil if crust is browning too quickly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Leftover slices of quiche reheat well in the microwave.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!