Pork Chop Marinade
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
The best Pork Chop Marinade! This simple marinade infuses pork chops with the best flavor. It’s made with just a handful of ingredients and can be used to marinate pork chops for grilling, baking or air frying.
With grilling season here, I’m excited to share my all-time favorite pork chop marinade. It takes just minutes to mix up, and it makes the most amazing Grilled Pork Chops!
I love using marinades because they are an easy way to infuse meats with delicious flavor, making them extra tender and juicy. Marinades also allow for flexibility, since you can marinate pork chops for just one hour or up to 8 hours before cooking. You can even freeze pork chops in this pork chop marinade to cook later.
The Best Pork Chop Marinade
- Simple: You only need 5 ingredients, plus pepper, to make this easy pork chop marinade.
- Versatile: You can use this marinade to make Grilled Pork Chops, Baked Pork Chops, or Air Fryer Pork Chops. It would also make a delicious seasoning for Grilled Pork Tenderloin.
- Delicious: Say goodbye to boring, flavorless pork chops. This marinade makes the tastiest chops!
Prefer a seasoning rub for your pork chops? Try our best Pork Rub!
Pork Chop Marinade Ingredients
- Olive Oil: The olive oil helps to transfer the flavors from the other marinade ingredients to the meat. It also keeps the meat from sticking to the grill.
- Soy Sauce: Adds delicious flavor. I recommend using a low sodium soy sauce.
- Brown Sugar: Adds a touch of sweetness and helps the marinade to caramelize on the pork chops as they cook. You can substitute honey if you prefer.
- Dijon Mustard: Brings so much flavor! You’ll love the subtle tanginess that it brings to the marinade.
- Garlic: You can’t beat the flavor of fresh garlic in a marinade.
- Black Pepper: I add pepper, but not salt, because the soy sauce is plenty salty.
Find the full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions in the recipe card below.
How to Marinate Pork Chops
- You can marinate the pork chops in a large zip top bag or baking dish. Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and whisk. Place the pork in a zip top bag or baking dish and then pour the marinade over the meat.
- Before pouring the marinade over the pork chops, you can reserve a few tablespoons to brush on the meat during the last few minutes of cooking. This is optional.
- This marinade can be used on bone-in pork chops or boneless pork chops. I prefer to use bone-in chops because the bone keeps the meat extra moist and juicy.
- Make sure the pork chops are well coated in the marinade. I like to flip the bag over (or flip the pork chops if marinating in a dish) about halfway through the marinating time to make sure both sides soak up the flavor.
- Always marinate pork chops in the refrigerator.
- For food safety, discard the extra marinade that came in contact with the raw pork.
- Don’t overcook pork chops, or they may turn out dry and tough. According to the USDA, pork chops should be cooked to at least 145° F and then allowed to rest for a minimum of 3 minutes before eating.
How Long to Marinate Pork Chops
Marinate pork chops for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours. You can marinate a little longer than 8 hours if it works better for your schedule.
Can You Freeze this Marinade?
Yes! This pork chop marinade is perfect for freezing, and it makes a great make ahead meal. To freeze, place the pork chops and marinade in zip-top plastic bag and squeeze the bag to make sure all of the pork chops are coated. Freeze for up to 3 months. When you are ready to cook the pork chops, place the bag in the refrigerator to thaw overnight. Then cook as desired.
What to Serve with Pork Chops
Round out your meal with a few of these side dishes:
- Vegetables: Try Grilled Vegetables or Sautéed Broccoli.
- Rice or Bread: Cook a pot of rice on the stove (How to Cook Rice) or try our favorite Biscuit Recipe.
- Potatoes: Both Roasted Potatoes and Air Fryer Potato Wedges go well with grilled pork chops.
- Salad: You can’t go wrong with a Kale Salad, Fruit Salad or this tasty Southwest Quinoa Salad.
More Marinade Recipes to Love
Enjoy all that grilling season has to offer with these marinade recipes:
Pork Chop Marinade
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, or honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops, at least 1-inch thick is best*
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, garlic and pepper. Whisk to mix.
- Place pork chops in a large zip-top bag or baking dish and pour marinade over the pork chops. Put in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour, and up to 8 hours.
- Cook the pork chops according to your preferred cooking method, such as grilled pork chops:
- Preheat grill to 400° F (medium-high heat).
- Remove pork chops from marinade and discard excess marinade. Sear pork chops on the grill, about 2 minutes per side. Then reduce heat to medium.
- Grill pork chops an additional 4-7 minutes per side to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Use an instant read thermometer to measure the internal temperature of the thickest portion of the pork chop without touching the bone. Pork chops thicker than 1 inch may take longer to cook through.
- Let pork chops rest for 5 minutes and then serve.
- You can also use boneless pork chops. Boneless chops may require a few less minutes to cook.
- Nutrition information is for marinade and pork chops, and assumes that all marinade will be consumed, which it will not be.
We grilled the Great Marinated Pork Chops recipe last night using your honey and eight hour options. They were scrumptious.
I wish you had included the recipe for baking these in the oven. We don’t own a grill. Now I have to try & guess.
Hi, If you read the post above the recipe card, I linked to my baked pork chops recipe which you can refer to for cook times. Bone-in pork chops will take longer to cook than boneless.
I tried this recipe yesterday for my family. I doubled the ingredients and Marinated 6 thick pork chops for about 4-5 hours. This was fantastic!!!!! Highly recommend. We had mashed potatoes and roasted fresh asparagus