Salted Caramel Mocha Fudge
Easy homemade fudge, made completely in the microwave in just minutes. A perfect combination of chocolate fudge and caramel fudge, sprinkled with sea salt.
It’s the season of giving, and homemade gifts from your kitchen are some of the most fun to give and to receive. Today I’m sharing the recipe for this amazing Salted Caramel Fudge with a hint of coffee for a delicious mocha flavor, which is just perfect for gifting to neighbors, friends, teachers… pretty much anyone on your holiday list!
I can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t love to receive some homemade fudge. I know I love the combination of sweet and salty, and I bet you do too. Plus, how well do chocolate and caramel go together?
The bottom layer is a mocha fudge, which is chocolate fudge enhanced with some espresso powder. The top layer is a caramel fudge, made by melting together Dulce de Leche and white chocolate. Both layers are soft, sweet, and melt in your mouth when you take a bite.
The best part about this Salted Caramel Mocha Fudge is how easy it is to make. It’s made completely in the microwave, and takes only about 10 minutes. The key to success with this recipe is to keep the microwave on low power (I recommend 50% power) and to work quickly, stirring the chocolate until smooth. You’ll want to have all of your ingredients out and ready, and your pan lined with parchment paper before beginning. The fudge will begin to harden immediately after melting, so you want to get it into the pan quickly!
Whether you make this fudge to enjoy yourself or share with others, I know you’ll love it. I brought some in to work to share with my coworkers, and it was gone in a matter of minutes. When people hear there’s Salted Caramel Mocha Fudge around, they come running. 🙂
Salted Caramel Mocha Fudge
- 3 cups 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter (cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Salted Caramel Layer:
- 12 ounces 2 cups good-quality white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli) or 12 ounces good quality white baking chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 14- ounce can Dulce de Leche*
- ½ tsp. coarse sea salt (for sprinkling)
Make the Mocha Layer:
- Lightly spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper.
- Place semi-sweet chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir until bowl no longer feels warm. Heat at 50% power in 15-second intervals, stirring well after each interval, until smooth. Stir in the instant espresso powder and vanilla extract. Heat at 50% power for 15 more seconds; stir until smooth. Immediately spoon fudge into the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer with the back of a spoon or a small spatula. Set aside while you prepare the salted caramel layer.
Make the Salted Caramel Layer:
- Place white chocolate and Dulce de Leche in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir until the bowl no longer feels warm. Continue to heat at 50% power in 15-second intervals, stirring well after each interval, until smooth. Immediately scoop spoonfuls of the caramel fudge over the mocha fudge in the pan. Carefully spread into an even layer.
- Let fudge stand at room temperature for 4 hours before cutting. Sprinkle fudge with sea salt. Carefully remove parchment and fudge from the dish and cut into 1-inch pieces, wiping the knife clean with a towel after each cut. Fudge is best stored in the refrigerator, and should keep for about 1 week.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!