These Mediterranean Stuffed Mini Peppers are a healthy, veggie-packed appetizer or snack with lots of crunch!
How is your week going? Are you doing anything fun and exciting this weekend? Thursday is the middle day of my teaching work-week, so I’m just trying to make it through till Friday! Remember when I told you that my sister had just had her second set of twins? Well, my other sister had her first baby last week and he is just the sweetest little guy. Being an auntie is so much fun, and I’m looking forward to more baby cuddles and snuggles.
With all of the new babies in my family, it’s hard to get stuff done. I just want to visit those little cuties and cook lots of food for their busy moms and dads!
But this weekend before I could visit my sister and her baby boy I had to test and photograph this recipe for you. Because you need some Mediterranean Stuffed Mini Peppers in your life, right?
Keeping with our theme of talking about new babies, I’m sharing this recipe as part of a virtual baby shower for three lovely ladies!
Natalie of Tastes Lovely had her sweet baby boy, Josh, a few months ago. Natalie is one of the sweetest bloggers you’ll meet, and when you go to her site you’ll feel like an instant friend as she shares stories from her life along with delicious, healthy recipes.
Isadora of She Likes Food is expecting her first baby, a sweet boy, in a couple of months and I couldn’t be more excited for her! Izzy’s recipes are full of seasonal produce and I always get hungry when browsing through her site. Her photography is gorgeous, too!
Last but not least is Jessica of Flying on Jess Fuel! Jess is also expecting her first baby soon, a little girl… so exciting! I love reading Jess’ blog and getting a peek into her life, along with her easy, crave-worthy recipes.
We’re doing a mini theme for the shower – mini appetizers and mini desserts are much more fun than full size. And when things are bite sized, you can sample more of them. 😉 You’ll surely be wanting to sample everything on the menu below!
These Mediterranean Stuffed Mini Peppers are full of flavor and perfect for serving as an appetizer at your next party or shower. I always like to serve something healthy along with all of the other treats at a party, and these vegetarian pepper bites are just the thing. I’ve added kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, and feta to the cucumber filling for lots of flavor and texture. A red wine vinegar and lemon juice vinaigrette brings the Mediterranean flavors together in these stuffed mini peppers.
Congratulations, Izzy, Jess, and Natalie!
Here are the other mini appetizers and desserts being shared for the virtual shower. With all of these delicious choices, I don’t know how I’ll decide what to try first!
Caprese Cups – Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Almost No Bake Pineapple Squares – The Recipe Rebel
Key Lime Cheesecake Bars with Coconut Macadamia Crust – Flavor the Moments
Lemon Macarons – Life Made Sweeter
Lemon Lime Bars – Bake. Eat. Repeat.
Chocolate and Salted Caramel Swirled Meringues – Floating Kitchen
Prosciutto-Wrapped Avocado Crostini with Balsamic Glaze – My Sequined Life
Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes – My Kitchen Craze
Pepper Jack and Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes – A Latte Food
No Bake Baileys S’mores Mousse Cups – With Salt and Wit
Strawberry Shortcake Bread – Maebells
Banana Cream Pie Dessert Nachos – Whole and Heavenly Oven
Lemon Cream Pie Bites – Bakerita
Balsamic Strawberry Wonton Bites – Sweet Peas & Saffron
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¾ tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- few grinds of black pepper
- 18 mini bell peppers (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped (1 cup)
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- ⅓ cup drained and chopped sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Lay each pepper down so that it will lay flat. On the top side of each pepper, cut a triangle-shaped opening. Chop the cut out triangle pieces of bell pepper and place them in a medium bowl.
- To the bowl with the chopped bell pepper pieces, add the cucumber, red onion, kalamata olives, and sun dried tomatoes. Stir to mix. Add the feta and parsley and stir gently until just combined. Carefully stir in the vinaigrette.
- Spoon some of the filling into each bell pepper and place on a serving dish. Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours until ready to serve.