Tuscan White Bean and Kale Soup
This Tuscan White Bean and Kale Soup is so easy to make! It’s a warm and comforting vegetarian meal.
This soup is perfect for when you want a healthy, nourishing meal but don’t want to spend a long time preparing it. This Tuscan White Bean and Kale Soup takes just 30 minutes to make. It’s full of wholesome ingredients, including sweet potatoes, kale and white beans.
How to make Tuscan White Bean and Kale Soup
To make this easy soup recipe, you’ll start by sautéing sweet potatoes, onion and celery in some olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Once the vegetables have started to soften you’ll add some seasonings: minced garlic, dried rosemary, dried thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for just 30 seconds.
Then add cannellini beans and vegetable broth to the pot. Bring the soup to a simmer, cover the pot, and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender. This should take less than 10 minutes if the sweet potatoes are cut into small 1/2-inch pieces.
Finally, you’ll stir in some chopped kale and simmer the soup for just a few more minutes to wilt the kale. Enjoy the soup as is, or with some grated Parmesan cheese.
For the full instructions with ingredient amounts, see the recipe card at the end of this post.
Warm and comforting, a bowl of this soup makes for a quick and healthy lunch. The leftovers reheat well so it’s a good meal to make for dinner and then eat for lunch for a couple of days. You can also meal prep this white bean soup on Sunday and enjoy it for lunch throughout the week.
This Tuscan White Bean Soup is a vegetarian meal with plenty of fiber and protein to fill you up. If you’re worried about adding kale to your soup, don’t be. The hot broth helps to wilt and tenderize the kale.
Let’s get dinner on the table fast, and let’s make it healthy while we’re at it! I like to throw together a quick green salad and serve this soup with some crusty bread. We’ve still got quite a stretch of winter ahead of us, which means plenty of time to make and enjoy this nutrient and flavor-packed soup. Sound good? I thought so. 😉
Tuscan White Bean and Kale Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion
- 4 ribs celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 medium bunch kale removed from tough stems and chopped (about 4 packed cups)
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add the sweet potatoes, onion, and celery and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the cannellini beans and broth.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a medium simmer, and cook until sweet potatoes are softened, about 8 minutes. Stir in the kale and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Serve.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!