Easy Cauliflower Leek Soup
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
This Easy Cauliflower Leek Soup requires only a few ingredients and is ready in just 30 minutes.
Cauliflower Leek Soup is a warm, creamy and comforting meal that you’ll want to cozy up with this winter. One of my favorite things about this soup is the short ingredient list. If you don’t count the salt and pepper, this soup takes just six ingredients. And two of the six ingredients are olive oil and garlic, which should be pantry staples. So you can afford to add a few extras when it comes to soup toppings. I’d recommend going for a sprinkle of fresh thyme or grated cheddar cheese on top of your soup. Yummy! Add a hearty slice of homemade cornbread to complete the perfect meal.
Soup is one of our favorite easy dinners. It’s hard to get bored with soup, because there are endless variations! Our other favorites include Potato Soup, Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup, Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup and Broccoli Cheese Soup. Like many soup recipes, this Cauliflower Leek Soup is packed with healthy vegetables and the leftovers make a great lunch the next day.
Since cauliflower has a pretty mild flavor, we’re giving this healthy soup loads of flavor with leeks and garlic. After you get the leeks, cauliflower, garlic and veggie broth simmering away on the stove, you’ll have a few minutes of inactive time. I like to use this time to make a quick green salad to go with our soup. Once the cauliflower is tender, it’s time to puree! You can use an immersion blender, but I like to do this in my regular blender to get the soup extra smooth. A little half and half makes this soup ultra creamy, but you can omit the cream for a dairy free and vegan version if you wish.
Since it’s so easy to make, we’ve even made a quick batch on a Sunday to take for lunch throughout the week. It’s healthy and packed with veggies! And if you love Cauliflower try my Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Air Fryer Cauliflower.
If you love this Easy Cauliflower Leek Soup recipe, you’ll also enjoy my:
- Best Creamy Potato Soup
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- Carrot Soup
- Tuscan White Bean Soup – another EASY veggie-loaded favorite!
Easy Cauliflower Leek Soup
- 2 large leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup half and half (or milk)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- fresh thyme or grated cheddar cheese for serving (if desired)
- Slice the leeks in halve lengthwise, and then slice into ¼-inch wide half-rounds. Rinse well in a colander under cold water; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring often, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse cauliflower, core, and chop into 1-inch pieces. (This is most easily done by first cutting the cauliflower in half, and then into fourths. Slice out the core, and cut the florets apart.)
- Add the garlic to the pot with the leeks and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the cauliflower; cook for 2 minutes to lightly brown.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the pot. Increase the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender or regular blender. If transferring to a regular blender, do so in batches. Do not fill the blender more than half full each time. Return the soup to the pot after blending.
- Once soup is pureed, stir in half n half (or milk), and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with fresh thyme and/or cheddar cheese, if desired.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!