Easy Cauliflower Leek Soup
This Easy Cauliflower Leek Soup requires only a few ingredients and is ready in just 30 minutes!
I shared this delicious soup recipe as my contributor post on RecipeGirl last month!
Hey there, how’s it going? Can I offer you a warm and comforting bowl of this creamy cauliflower leek soup? With a big slice of sweet honey cornbread, perhaps?
Now that I have your attention – because if this creamy soup didn’t grab it, then talk of honey cornbread most certainly did 😉 – let’s talk soup!
Soup is one of our favorite easy dinners. It’s hard to get bored with soup, because there are endless kinds! I also love how most soup recipes make it easy to get a few servings of veggies in, too. And leftover soup is the best for lunch, isn’t it?
This Easy Cauliflower Leek Soup is a 30 minute meal that you’ll want to cozy up with this winter. One of my favorite things about this soup is the short ingredient list. If you don’t count the salt and pepper, this soup takes just six ingredients. And two of the six are olive oil and garlic, which should be pantry staples. So you can afford to add a few extras when it comes to soup toppings. I’d recommend going for a sprinkle of fresh thyme or grated cheddar cheese on top of your soup. Yummy!
Since cauliflower has a pretty mild flavor, we’re giving this healthy soup loads of flavor with leeks and garlic. After you get the leeks, cauliflower, garlic and veggie broth simmering away on the stove, you’ll have a few minutes of inactive time. I like to use this time to make a quick green salad to go with our soup. Once the cauliflower is tender, it’s time to puree! You can use an immersion blender, but I like to do this in my regular blender to get the soup extra smooth. A little half and half makes this soup ultra creamy, but you can omit the cream for a dairy free and vegan version, if you wish.
This was my first cauliflower soup, and we loved it! Since it’s so easy to make, we’ve even made a quick batch on a Sunday to take for lunch throughout the week. It’s healthy and packed with veggies!
If you love this Easy Cauliflower Leek Soup recipe, you’ll also enjoy my:
- best creamy potato soup
- creamy butternut squash and apple soup
- 30 minute Tuscan white bean and kale soup – another EASY veggie-loaded favorite!
Easy Cauliflower Leek Soup
- 2 large leeks white and light green parts only
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower about 2 pounds
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup half and half or milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh thyme or grated cheddar cheese for serving if desired
- Slice the leeks in halve lengthwise, and then slice into ¼-inch wide half-rounds. Rinse well in a colander under cold water; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring often, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse cauliflower, core, and chop into 1-inch pieces. (This is most easily done by first cutting the cauliflower in half, and then into fourths. Slice out the core, and cut the florets apart.)
- Add the garlic to the pot with the leeks and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the cauliflower; cook for 2 minutes to lightly brown.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the pot. Increase the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender or regular blender. If transferring to a regular blender, do so in batches. Do not fill the blender more than half full each time. Return the soup to the pot after blending.
- Once soup is pureed, stir in half n half (or milk), and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with fresh thyme and/or cheddar cheese, if desired.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!