Spiced with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves, these Gingerdoodle Cookies have chewy soft centers and barely crisp edges. They’re the best of two favorites, the Snickerdoodle and the Gingersnap, all rolled into one cinnamon-sugar coated cookie!
My mind is swirling with all things Christmas! I love this time of year and all of the beautiful lights and decorations that are out when I walk or drive through my neighborhood.
Lights, decorations, Christmas trees, and holiday music are some of my favorite ways to get in the holiday spirit. But let’s not forget the holiday beverages like homemade hot cocoa or gingerbread coffee and baking! I cannot even tell you how many ideas I have for holiday baking this year like some of my favorite holiday cookie recipes.
More Christmas Cookies:
- Molasses Cookies
- Snowball Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Cream Cheese Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
Snickerdoodles and Gingersnaps are two of my very favorite cookies. Combine them into one and, wow, I think I have a new holiday favorite!
Spiced with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves, these cookies have chewy soft centers and barely crisp edges. I added molasses and brown sugar to the cookie dough for even more depth of flavor. The Gingerdoodles are rolled in cinnamon-sugar, and they keep their puffy shape while baking. The cookie dough is thick and there’s no need to chill it before baking, which means less time until you’ll be taking your first bite out of one of these Gingerdoodle Cookies!
You won’t be able to resist these soft, chewy spiced cookies! I served them alongside the pies for dessert this Thanksgiving and my family couldn’t help going back for one cookie after another!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened slightly
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Cinnamon-sugar for rolling:
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, brown sugar, and ¼ cup granulated sugar. Mix in molasses, egg, and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir together the 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Scoop dough by the tablespoonful and roll into balls. Roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 9 minutes, until barely golden and set. Be careful not to over-bake them, so they will keep their soft, chewy centers. Let cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
More Must-Make Christmas Cookies: