Honey Almond Flax Granola
This Honey Almond Flax Granola is one of my very favorite breakfasts. Not only will you crave bowl after bowl of this granola, but it’s also a healthy way to start your day!
Just look at that Honey Almond Flax Granola. I’m wishing I had a bowl of this homemade granola right now. You too? It’s just bursting with crispy, oaty goodness! Full of toasted coconut flakes, sliced almonds, crunchy oats, and flaxseed, this granola is lightly sweetened with honey and a little bit of maple syrup. I added two teaspoons of pure almond extract as well, to really infuse the granola with almond flavor.
Out of all of the granola recipes that I’ve shared, I think this one is my favorite. It’s really hard for me to say because I have made many homemade granola recipes.
- Easy Homemade Granola Recipe
- Peanut Butter Granola
- Tropical Granola
- Honey Almond Flax Granola
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Orange Chia Granola
- Cranberry Coconut Granola
I think this one stands out as my favorite because it doesn’t have too many fancy bells and whistles. This Honey Almond Granola is simply delicious, and I could eat it for breakfast over and over and still crave another bowl.
I have a couple of notes about this recipe. I’ve added some puffed brown rice cereal, because it gives the granola a lightness and crispness that I just love. You can easily replace the brown rice cereal with an extra cup of oats, if you don’t have it on hand. Since this is a Honey Granola recipe, I used honey as the main sweetener. I did add two tablespoons of pure maple syrup as well, because I’ve found that I prefer the combination of the two sweeteners. You can use all honey, if that’s what you have on hand.
Whatever you do, I encourage you not to omit the flaxseed. It gives the granola a subtle nuttiness, and it provides so many health benefits. I’m all for starting my day with a breakfast that gives me a health and energy boost. This Honey Almond Flax Granola recipe is so satisfying that it keeps me going for hours before I get hungry again.
Honey Almond Flax Granola
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats ((340g))
- 1 cup puffed brown rice cereal ((30g))
- 1 cup raw sliced almonds ((85g))
- 1 cup dried coconut flakes ((40g))
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed ((33g))
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil*
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F, with a rack set in the lower third of the oven.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, brown rice cereal, almonds, coconut, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt. In a liquid measuring cup or bowl, whisk together honey, maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla, and almond extract. Pour over the oat mixture and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, stir, and the bake 5-10 minutes more, checking and stirring every 5 minutes to make sure granola doesn't burn. Let cool completely on the pan before transferring to an airtight container. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!