Full of all of the southwestern flavors that you love, this Southwestern Pasta Salad with a spicy chili-lime dressing is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Pretty much everyone is a fan of pasta salad, right? It’s a great crowd-pleasing dish that’s easy to make and share at BBQ’s and potlucks.
The best pasta salads are full of pasta (of course) and veggies, all coated in a flavorful dressing. I’ve made all sorts of varieties of pasta salads, including this flavorful Greek pasta salad, an amazing pesto pasta salad, and one with orzo, tomatoes, and mint.
Learn more about my Time-Saving Healthy Family Meal Plan.
I know I’m not alone in my love of southwestern flavors, and I thought they would make an awesome pasta salad. And was I ever right! This pasta salad is my new favorite, one I know I’ll be making again and again.
All of your favorite southwestern ingredients are here, from black beans to corn to green onions and bell peppers, all coated in a deliciously spicy chili-lime dressing. We loved this pasta salad with bowtie pasta, but I’m sure it would be just as delicious with your favorite pasta shape.
This recipe makes a lot – it serves 12 as a side dish. We ate this as a main dish for dinner, and then had leftovers for lunches. Grilled chicken would be a great addition for some extra protein. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. bowtie pasta
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bell peppers, cut into thin 1-inch long slices (orange, red, and/or yellow)
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can corn, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 4 oz. Monterey jack cheese, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¾ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. onion powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until barely al dente (do not overcook). Rinse pasta in cold water; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, bell peppers, black beans, corn, green onions, cheese, and cilantro.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and gently toss until evenly distributed.