Southwestern Pasta Salad
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
Full of all of the southwestern flavors that you love, this Southwest Pasta Salad with a spicy chili-lime dressing is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Pretty much everyone is a fan of pasta salad, right? It’s a great crowd-pleasing dish that’s easy to make and share at BBQ’s and potlucks.
The best pasta salads are full of pasta (of course) and veggies, all coated in a flavorful dressing. I’ve made all sorts of varieties of pasta salads, including my classic pasta salad recipe, this flavorful Greek pasta salad, an amazing pesto pasta salad, and an orzo pasta salad.
I know I’m not alone in my love of southwestern flavors, and I thought they would make an awesome pasta salad. And was I ever right! This cold pasta salad is my new favorite, one I know I’ll be making again and again.
All of your favorite southwestern ingredients are here, from black beans to corn to green onions and bell peppers, all coated in a deliciously spicy chili-lime dressing. We loved this pasta salad with bowtie pasta, but I’m sure it would be just as delicious with your favorite pasta shape.
This recipe makes a lot – it serves 12 as a side dish and can be made ahead. We ate this as a main dish for dinner, and then had leftovers for lunches. Grilled chicken would be a great addition for some extra protein. Enjoy!
Southwestern Pasta Salad
For the salad:
- 1 lb. bowtie pasta
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bell peppers, cut into thin 1-inch long slices (orange, red, and/or yellow)
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can corn, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 4 oz. Monterey jack cheese, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¾ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until barely al dente (do not overcook). Rinse pasta in cold water; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, bell peppers, black beans, corn, green onions, cheese, and cilantro.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and gently toss until evenly distributed.
This looks so good! I love pasta salad so much, and I have never made a Southwestern one – must try it!
Thank you, Kelly! I hadn’t tried a Southwestern pasta salad either until this one, and the flavors make a fantastic pasta salad!
Look at the colours in this pasta, love it! I am a huge pasta fan and adding veggies is a must. 🙂
Thank you, Karen! The more veggies, the better!
I am a huge fan of pasta salads! I usually always pick that over a green salad. I love this twist on a regular pasta salad, especially with the corn and beans thrown in. The dressing looks amazing, too! Pinned!
I don’t think I’ve met anyone who doesn’t love a good pasta salad! Thanks for the pin! 🙂
This looks delicious! I made a similar pasta salad to take to a BBQ. I’ll have to try your dressing with this. Sounds great.
This looks like the perfect summer salad! Love all the colorful veggies and that it’s got a nice spicy kick to it!
Thank you, Katie!
I ABSOLUTELY love pasta salad, but I’ve never made a Southwestern one – I’ve gotta try it soon!
Yes, you do! 🙂
Pingback: Spinach Artichoke Tortellini Salad
Pingback: 31 Sensational Summer Sides Your Next Barbecue Needs - The Recipe Rebel