Southwestern Pasta Salad
Full of all of the southwestern flavors that you love, this Southwestern Pasta Salad with a spicy chili-lime dressing is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Pretty much everyone is a fan of pasta salad, right? It’s a great crowd-pleasing dish that’s easy to make and share at BBQ’s and potlucks.
The best pasta salads are full of pasta (of course) and veggies, all coated in a flavorful dressing. I’ve made all sorts of varieties of pasta salads, including this flavorful Greek pasta salad, an amazing pesto pasta salad, and one with orzo, tomatoes, and mint.
I know I’m not alone in my love of southwestern flavors, and I thought they would make an awesome pasta salad. And was I ever right! This pasta salad is my new favorite, one I know I’ll be making again and again.
All of your favorite southwestern ingredients are here, from black beans to corn to green onions and bell peppers, all coated in a deliciously spicy chili-lime dressing. We loved this pasta salad with bowtie pasta, but I’m sure it would be just as delicious with your favorite pasta shape.
This recipe makes a lot – it serves 12 as a side dish. We ate this as a main dish for dinner, and then had leftovers for lunches. Grilled chicken would be a great addition for some extra protein. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. bowtie pasta
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bell peppers, cut into thin 1-inch long slices (orange, red, and/or yellow)
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can corn, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 4 oz. Monterey jack cheese, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¾ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. onion powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until barely al dente (do not overcook). Rinse pasta in cold water; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, bell peppers, black beans, corn, green onions, cheese, and cilantro.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and gently toss until evenly distributed.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!