Broccoli Cheddar Mini Frittatas
Broccoli Cheddar Mini Frittatas are delicious and healthy little bites! Made in a mini muffin pan these frittata muffins are the perfect breakfast for busy mornings that you can make-ahead and freeze.
My kids and I like eggs for breakfast a few times a week, but the old standby, scrambled eggs with cheese, can get boring. With just a little bit more effort, you can make these Broccoli Cheddar Mini Frittatas. They are fun to eat and filled with veggies and protein. A winning recipe all around!
To make these, you start by steaming the broccoli in a small amount of water. It cooks really quickly – 5 minutes is all it takes. To make your morning even easier, you could make these with leftover vegetables from dinner the night before.
While the broccoli is steaming, saute just a little bit of finely chopped onion. I chopped it finely enough that my kids didn’t even notice it in the frittatas.
Finally, whisk the eggs and milk and pour them into the mini muffin tins. Add the broccoli, onion, and cheese, bake, and that’s it. While the mini frittatas are baking, prep some fresh fruit and whole-wheat toast to serve alongside. You’ll have a healthy homemade breakfast for your whole family.
I loved these frittata muffins. I think I probably ate about six of them myself. I think you (and your family) will love them too! They would also make a great brunch appetizer.
More Breakfast Egg Recipes:
- Broccoli Quiche
- Ham and Cheese Frittata
- Asparagus Quiche
- Scrambled Eggs
- French Toast
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Breakfast Casserole
- Crustless Quiche
Broccoli Cheddar Mini Frittatas
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cut broccoli into large pieces, removing the thick stems. Place 1-inch of water in a small saucepan, add broccoli, cover, and bring to a simmer. Cook until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly, then chop into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Crack eggs into a liquid measuring cup. Add milk, salt, and pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Pour eggs into muffin tins, filling each about 2/3 full. Sprinkle some broccoli, then onion, and then cheese on top of each. Bake until eggs are set and tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
I’m sure your kids adored this frittatas, Kristine! They look so cute and delicious. I love how easy these are to whip up, and that you can customize the ingredients, too. And it’s a great way to sneak in some broccoli!
Thanks, Gayle! I love to sneak in veggies wherever I can! 🙂
Who doesn’t like frittatas?/ Yours look so good. Love it. Have a great weekend 😉
Thanks, Olivia! These are a fun twist on eggs for breakfast, and so easy to make!
I get the old “eggs are boring” quote, too! The fun size and different add ins definitely make this anything but boring!
Nope, not boring at all. 🙂 It’s going to be tough to decide what to add in next time. The broccoli and cheddar were great, but there are so many possibilities!
These looks gorgeous, idéal pour un picnic !
Thank you, Eva!
These look delicious! I love making things like this and freezing them for a quick breakfast. I love this flavor combination.
My freezer is absolutely packed right now because I’m always freezing extras of things for later! I just told myself I need to start working my way through my freezer before adding anything else to it! 🙂