Air Fryer Pork Chops
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
These Air Fryer Pork Chops are tender, juicy and perfectly seasoned! They cook quickly and are perfect for an easy weeknight dinner. Use boneless or bone-in pork chops.
When I need a quick meal that’s easy to prepare, I often turn to pork chops. My family’s favorite pork chop recipes include Baked Pork Chops, Crock Pot Pork Chops, Instant Pot Pork Chops and these flavorful air fryer pork chops.
I love using my air fryer to cook proteins like chicken, pork, salmon and steak. While cooking, the air fryer circulates hot air around the food in the basket. Food cooks quickly, and crispy foods become extra crispy while proteins cook up especially tender and juicy. My guide on how to use an air fryer includes lots of tips to help you get the most out of this versatile kitchen appliance.
If you’ve had the unfortunate experience of sitting down to a plate of dried out pork chops, keep reading for my tips on how to make the best pork chops in your air fryer. Serve them with a veggie and potatoes or bread and enjoy an easy, delicious dinner!
Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe Ingredients
You’ll need just a few ingredients for this easy recipe. Most of them are seasonings that you probably have in your kitchen.
- Pork Chops: Both boneless pork chops and bone-in pork chops work great in this recipe. Use pork chops that are at least 1-inch thick, because thin pork chops can easily dry out and become tough.
- Olive Oil: Rubbing the pork chops with olive oil helps the seasonings to stick to the meat. It also keeps the outsides of the chops moist.
- Brown Sugar: I add brown sugar to the seasoning mix because it helps to caramelize the seasoning as it cooks. The brown sugar also brings a delicious subtle sweetness to the rub. If you prefer a sugar-free recipe you can omit the brown sugar.
- Seasonings: To season these air fryer pork chops, I used a variation of my favorite pork rub. Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, salt and pepper add delicious flavor. You can use sweet or smoked paprika. Smoked paprika will lend a smoky, slightly spicy flavor, while sweet paprika is more mild.
Find the full printable recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions in the recipe card below.
How to Make Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Combine the seasoning rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400° F for 5 minutes.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels.
- Rub both sides of the pork chops with olive oil.
- Rub the seasoning mix over all sides of the pork chops.
- Place pork chops in a single layer in the preheated air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400° F for 5 minutes. Then flip the pork chops over and continue cooking until they are cooked through to at least 145° F, about 3-7 more minutes for boneless chops or 6-10 more minutes for bone-in chops.
- Let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes. Then serve and enjoy!
How Long to Cook Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
The cook time will depend on if you are using boneless or bone-in pork chops, as well as the thickness of the pork chops. Here is a general guideline for how long it takes to cook pork chops in an air fryer:
- Boneless Pork Chops (about 1-inch thick): 8-12 minutes, flipping about halfway through the cook time.
- Bone-In Pork Chops (about 1-inch thick): 11-15 minutes, flipping about halfway through the cook time.
The best way to tell when pork chops are done is to use an instant read thermometer to measure the internal temperature in the center of the pork chops. The USDA recommends cooking pork to an internal temperature of 145° F and then allowing the meat to rest for at least 3 minutes before serving, for food safety. The temperature of the meat will continue to rise a few degrees during the rest time due to carryover cooking.
Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe Tips
- Use thick-cut pork chops. It’s best if they are at least 1-inch thick. Thin pork chops tend to dry out and become tough more easily.
- Arrange the pork chops in a single layer in the air fryer basket, so that the air can circulate around each pork chop as they cook. If the pork chops won’t all fit in a single layer at once, you can cook them in batches, covering the first batch to keep warm while the rest cook.
- Don’t overcook them. Use an instant read thermometer to test if they are cooked to 145° F. Once pork chops are nearly done, they finish cooking quickly so check them often.
- Let them rest for about 5 minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
To make these air fryer pork chops a meal, serve them with a few of these side dishes:
- Potatoes: Potatoes and pork chops are a perfect pair! Try Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes, Air Fryer Potatoes, Oven Roasted Potatoes or a Baked Potato.
- Vegetables: Add some color to your plate with Roasted Green Beans, Air Fryer Broccoli, Roasted Brussels Sprouts or Roasted Vegetables.
- Salad: A fresh, flavorful salad is always a welcome addition to a meal. Try a Greek Salad, Kale Salad (pictured in these photos), or a simple Green Salad.
- Bread: Our favorites include Biscuits, Garlic Bread, and Dinner Rolls.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Here are a few of my favorite air fryer recipes for making quick and easy meals.
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Steak
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Bacon
The next time you need some easy dinner inspiration, give these air fryer pork chops a try. They’ll impress everyone at the table, but you’ll secretly know how easy they were to make!
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons paprika (sweet or smoked*)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick, or bone-in pork chops)
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt, onion powder and black pepper.
- Preheat air fryer at 400° F for 5 minutes.
- Pat the pork chops dry. Rub both sides with the olive oil. Rub the seasoning mix over all sides of the pork chops.
- Place pork chops in a single layer in the air fryer (cook in two batches if needed).
- To cook boneless pork chops: Air fry at 400° F for 5 minutes. Then flip the pork chops over and continue to cook for 3-7 more minutes, until the internal temperature of the center of the pork chops is 145° F.
- To cook bone-in pork chops: Air fry at 400° F for 5 minutes. Then flip the pork chops over and continue to cook for 6-10 more minutes, until the internal temperature of the center of the pork chops is 145° F.
- Let pork chops rest for 5 minutes and then serve.
- Recipe can be halved to cook 2 pork chops.
- I used sweet paprika. Smoked paprika will lend a smoky, slightly spicy flavor.
- Thick cut (at least 1-inch thick) pork chops are best, since thin pork chops tend to dry out more easily.
- The cook time will depend on the thickness of the pork chops and whether they are boneless or bone-in. To tell if they are done, use an instant read thermometer to check if the center has reached at least 145 degrees F.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!