Healthier Chocolate Chip Blondies
These Chocolate Chip Blondies are my latest addiction! These bars are soft, chewy and packed with oats and almond butter, making them a healthier blondies recipe!
One thing I do pretty much every weekend is bake! These Chocolate Chip Blondies are the perfect easy baking project. You guys. I’m so addicted to this healthier blondie recipe. They are soft, chewy, and have a subtle caramel flavor thanks to the brown sugar in the batter. What makes these blondies is the brown sugar instead of cocoa powder that you might find in a cookie bar. The light brown sugar gives this blondie a subtler flavor that complements the oats. If you prefer a richer flavor try using half dark brown sugar!
Instead of peanut butter, I use almond butter in many recipes including this one. Almond butter has a little less sugar and fat than peanut butter too!
You can also make these gluten-free blondies by using gluten-free oats and chocolate chips that are gluten-free (many are!)
If you don’t have oat flour you can make your own oat flour in your blender or food processor, and I’ve included a note about that below the recipe.
These blondies bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Spray the pan well or line the pan with parchment for easy removal.
I’ve made batch after batch of these healthier blondies and they are my favorite treat right now. When I’m craving a little something sweet in the afternoon or after dinner hours, these hit the spot perfectly.
Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup oat flour*
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8- or 9x9-inch square pan (I used a 9x9-inch metal pan) with parchment; lightly spray the parchment with cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the almond butter, melted butter and brown sugar until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, mix in the oat flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan with a rubber spatula. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, check blondies for doneness. If they are browning too much cover them with foil. Bake about 5 minutes more, until a tester inserted in the center comes out nearly clean. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.