Peanut Butter and Honey Cheerios™ Granola + Buy a Box Give a Box Promotion
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiveABox #CollectiveBias
Two breakfast favorites combine into one in this Peanut Butter and Honey Cheerios™ Granola! The crunchy clusters of Cheerios™ and oats are packed with peanut butter and honey, plus a touch of cinnamon.
Every year, I tell my new group of third grade students the story of my first day of third grade. It’s not a particularly remarkable story, which is the point I want to make to them. Their stories, no matter how big or small, are important and worth telling. I write the story of myself eating breakfast on my first day of school as a way to introduce them to writing with voice and detail about the small moments in their lives.
I tell my students how I nervously sat at my family’s kitchen table, slowly swirling cereal around in my bowl with my spoon. Even though my tummy was full of butterflies, I still made myself eat a little bit of breakfast. My mom said I needed something in my stomach and she also knew that breakfast needed to be something familiar and comforting. All those years ago the breakfast that made me feel just a tiny bit better on my first day of school was a bowl of Cheerios™.
On a recent shopping trip at Walmart I was picking up a couple of boxes of Cheerios™. I noticed stickers on the boxes for a new Cheerios™ campaign: “Buy a Box, Give a Free Box.” For a limited time, when you buy a specially marked box of Cheerios™ at Walmart, you can give a free box to a person of your choosing. How fun is that?
I’m giving a free box of Cheerios™ to my mom and dad, who for so many years made me a wholesome breakfast including Cheerios™. Giving the box is really easy, and the directions are clearly listed inside the “Buy a Box, Give a Free Box” sticker. Each box of Cheerios™ has a unique code that you enter online. Follow the steps to give a coupon for a free box of Cheerios™ to the recipient of your choice. You can even design an e-card to be delivered along with your coupon. So easy. So fun!
Just as Cheerios™ are a huge part of my memories from my childhood, today they are a favorite with my own kids. At least once a day William brings me the Cheerios™ box (we always have at least one in our cupboard) and says, “Mom, I want some Cheerios™.” I wasn’t surprised one bit by how much he loved this Peanut Butter and Honey Cheerios™ Granola, made with his favorite cereal.
This granola is jam-packed with peanut butter flavor. The peanut butter and honey coat the Cheerios™and oats, creating big clusters. When the granola first comes out of the oven, it may not be as crisp as you’d hope, but just wait. Leave it alone on the pan and as it cools it crisps up and you’re left with crunchy clusters of this Peanut Butter and Honey Cheerios™ Granola. You’ll want to eat it straight from the pan by the handful. Go ahead, I won’t tell. 😉
This Peanut Butter and Honey Cheerios™ Granola is such a simple recipe, too. It’s made with just five ingredients, and takes less than ten minutes to prep for the oven. I’m sure you can imagine how wonderful your kitchen will smell as it bakes.
I used Multi-Grain Cheerios™ in my granola. Plain Cheerios™, Honey Nut Cheerios™, or even Apple Cinnamon Cheerios™ would also be delicious in this recipe!
Be sure to pick up a box of Cheerios™ at your local Walmart to make a batch of this granola and receive your “Buy a Box, Give a Free Box” coupon. Then visit Walmart’s “Buy a Box, Give a Box” website to send someone special a coupon for a free box of Cheerios™. Who will you give a box to?
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups Multi-Grain Cheerios™ (or your favorite kind of Cheerios™)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (I used natural peanut butter)
- ½ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Cheerios™, oats, and cinnamon.
- Place the peanut butter and honey in a microwave-safe liquid measuring cup or bowl. Heat on high power in the microwave for 30 seconds; stir. Heat for 30 more seconds and then stir until combined and smooth. Pour over the Cheerios™ mixture and stir until everything is evenly coated. You will want to work quickly, as the peanut butter and honey are easier to distribute while they are warm.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake granola for 15 minutes; stir. Using the back of a spatula, press the mixture down in an even layer in the pan. Bake for 12-16 more minutes, until granola is lightly browned. Do not stir granola again, so that you end up with big clusters.
- Let granola cool completely on the pan; it will crisp up as it cools. I store my granola in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
As you may have heard, some select boxes of Cheerios™ and Honey Nut Cheerios™ produced over two weeks in July at the Lodi, California plant, have been recalled due to a wheat allergen. This recall only affects consumers with Celiac disease or a gluten-sensitivity. To learn more about the recall, and if your product is affected please go to: http://blog.generalmills.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!