Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
A 30 minute one pan meal that’s full of bright and fresh flavors! You will love this Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus!
Here we are. The start of another month! Just how are these months flying by so quickly?
I don’t wish for time to speed by (my kids will only be this little once!), but I will admit that I am excited for the spring and summer seasons! I’m writing this on March 1, and it feels like spring here today. The sun is shining, temperatures are in the mid-60’s, and I’ve got my window open to let in the fresh air. I’m sipping on some iced tea while Hannah naps… this is my ideal setting for writing a blog post. Tomorrow at this time I’ll be teaching my class full of energetic 2nd graders, but today I’m enjoying the quiet. Until naptime is over and everyone’s home from school, that is. 🙂
With the first day of spring just a few weeks away, it’s time to start enjoying our favorite spring produce! I bought some artichokes at the store today, and we’ve already enjoyed fresh asparagus a few times in the past few weeks. My kids won’t touch asparagus, and Brad is just so/so on it, but I love it! Especially if it’s roasted. Which it is in this Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus. If your family loves salmon, also try our favorite easy baked salmon.
This meal comes together quickly and easily. You’ll brush the salmon with a lemon garlic sauce and bake it for a few minutes before adding the asparagus to the pan. The asparagus gets brushed with lemon and garlic as well, and then it roasts alongside the salmon until it’s crisp-tender. Meanwhile, you’ll have time to make a quick batch of couscous to serve alongside your salmon. I topped my couscous with a squeeze of lemon juice, sliced almonds and fresh parsley. Yum!
If you love one pan meals, you should also try my Sheet Pan Sausage and Roasted Veggies recipe! It is one of my favorite quick dinner ideas!
With minimal effort, you’ll be sitting down to a meal that’s healthy and worthy of company!
Lemon pairs so well with both salmon and asparagus, and it’s one of my favorite flavors this time of year. I use lemons like crazy, in everything from salad dressings to baked goods. I love this inexpensive lemon juicer for juicing lemons quickly. It even measures the juice for you!
I have another sheet pan dinner on the site – only one! – and it’s this Honey Garlic Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner. Would you like to see more sheet pan recipes? If so I will get to work on some new ideas.
The start of another month brings another 30 Minute Thursday! In addition to my collection of 30 minute meals, you get 9 more 30 minute dinners from friends!
One Pot Beef and Tomato Macaroni Soup from The Recipe Rebel
Baked Chicken Ranch Taquitos from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Noodles from Savory Nothings
One Pan Italian Pasta from My Kitchen Craze
Asian Lemon Chicken from Life Made Sweeter
Spicy Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup from Floating Kitchen
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Easy Thai Vegetable Pita Pizzas from She Likes Food
Guinness Beef Chili from Flavor the Moments
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice plus more for the couscous
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ pounds salmon filets 4 even size pieces
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 ½ cups plain or whole wheat couscous
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- lemon slices and/or fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Reserve ¼ cup of the mixture by placing it in another small bowl or measuring cup.
- Arrange the salmon pieces down the center of the baking sheet and drizzle/brush with the lemon juice mixture, saving the reserved ¼ cup for the asparagus. Place salmon in the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the asparagus along the sides of the pan. Drizzle asparagus with the reserved ¼ cup lemon juice mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for about 10 minutes, until salmon is cooked through. If desired, turn on the broiler during the last 2-3 minutes of baking to help the salmon and asparagus brown on top. Season with more salt and/or pepper, to taste, as needed.
- While the salmon and asparagus cook, prepare the couscous according to package directions. Fluff with a fork. Top couscous with a squeeze of lemon juice, sliced almonds and a sprinkle of parsley. Serve alongside salmon and asparagus, with additional lemon slices and parsley as desired.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!