Simple Roasted Carrots
These simple Roasted Carrots are a scrumptious side dish for any meal! This oven roasted carrots recipe requires just a few ingredients and is quick and easy to prepare.
Are you trying to add more vegetables to your meals? Putting a pan of veggies in the oven to roast is one of my favorite ways to increase the amount of healthy vegetables that we eat. Not only is it easy, but we love the flavor of roasted veggies!
These roasted carrots are perfect for any occasion. They can be served as a side dish with weeknight meals. They would also be a delicious addition to your Easter dinner or any holiday meal.
I often make this recipe with regular orange carrots. You can also make roasted rainbow carrots using the same recipe. The colorful rainbow carrots are so pretty, especially with a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top.
These roasted carrots have a secret ingredient that makes them extra delicious… paprika! Just a little bit of paprika mixed in with salt, pepper and olive oil and then drizzled over the carrots before roasting makes all the difference!
More roasted vegetables to love
If you love the caramelized flavor that vegetables get as they roast in the oven, you’ll also love these roasted sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and roasted Brussels sprouts. Roasted zucchini and roasted broccoli are also delicious!
How to make roasted carrots
Here’s a quick overview of how to roast carrots. You’ll find the full recipe with ingredient amounts and cook times in the recipe card below.
- Prep your carrots by washing and peeling them, and then cutting them into one-inch pieces. I like to cut the carrots on the diagonal because they look nicer that way. If you need your carrots to cook faster, you can slice them into smaller pieces.
- Put the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet. I usually line the baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Combine the olive oil and seasonings in a small bowl and then pour over the carrots, tossing them to coat.
- Roast the carrots in a 425° F oven until they are crisp-tender, or cooked to your liking.
If you prefer a sweeter side dish, you can whisk one or two tablespoons of honey into seasoning mixture to make a sweet glaze for your carrots. Toss the carrots with the glaze and then roast them following the recipe below.
Make this roasted carrots recipe even easier:
- Don’t peel your carrots. Give them a good scrub with a vegetable brush, pat them dry, and slice.
- Wash and cut your carrots ahead of time. Then, during the dinnertime rush, you can get them into the oven even faster.
- Double the recipe. Save the extras for lunch or dinner the next night, or turn them into roasted carrot hummus!
Simple Roasted Carrots
- 8 carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Cut carrots into 1-inch slices on the diagonal and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk together olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over carrots and toss to coat.
- Roast carrots in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes, until crisp-tender. Serve.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!