Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is sweet, creamy and bursting with fresh strawberry banana flavor.
Like this recipe? Pin it to Pinterest!
I love making smoothies because they’re quick, refreshing and nutritious. Blending up a smoothie is an easy way to add a few servings of fruits and vegetables to your daily intake. Our favorite smoothie recipes include this Berry Smoothie, Banana Smoothie and this strawberry banana smoothie. Strawberries and bananas are one of the best flavor combinations, and they really shine in this healthy smoothie. It blends up thick and creamy and contains protein, fiber, potassium and other nutrients.
When you need a quick breakfast or snack that you can enjoy on the go, this strawberry banana smoothie is a perfect choice. It’s made with one of my favorite smoothie ingredients: plain Greek yogurt. The yogurt gives the smoothie a creamy texture and adds satiating protein. I also sometimes blend in a spoonful of almond butter or peanut butter to make the smoothie even more filling.
Why You’ll Love this Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- You’ll need only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make it.
- It’s thick, creamy and flavorful.
- If you have extra ripe bananas on your counter, it’s a great way to use them.
- It’s a healthy way to satisfy a sweets craving and a kid favorite.
- This strawberry banana smoothie is endlessly customizable to add more protein, fiber and other nutrients. See the smoothie ideas below!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
This easy strawberry banana smoothie is made with just 4 ingredients.
- Frozen Strawberries: Using frozen berries thickens and chills the smoothie. If you prefer to use fresh strawberries, then it’s best to use frozen banana to thicken the smoothie.
- Banana: Both fresh or frozen banana works well here. The riper the banana, the more sweetness it will add to the smoothie.
- Almond Milk: I usually use almond milk for the liquid in this fruit smoothie. You can also use dairy milk, or another non dairy milk such as oat milk or coconut milk.
- Greek Yogurt: For creaminess. I like to use plain Greek yogurt to avoid added sugar. You can make the smoothie without yogurt if you prefer.
I use this recipe so often. It’s simple but delicious!Teresa
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This strawberry banana smoothie is so quick and easy to make. Just add everything to your blender and blend until smooth!
These tips will ensure that your smoothies turn out perfect, every time:
- Use at least one frozen fruit or vegetable to thicken and chill the smoothie.
- Always err on the side of adding less liquid to begin with and then add more as needed to thin out the smoothie.
- A high powered blender will give you the best results, blending the ingredients fully and smoothly.
- If your blender came with a tamper, using it as you blend can help the ingredients to blend up smoothly, even in a very thick smoothie. If you don’t have a tamper, you can stop and stir the smoothie as needed.
- Layer the smoothie ingredients for the most efficient blending. Put greens, such as spinach or kale, or raw oats at the bottom of the blender to give them a head start on blending up smoothly. Then add frozen fruit next. Add ingredients such as nut butters or yogurt on top of the fruits and vegetables to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of your blender.
- Begin blending on low speed and increase to higher speed as the smoothie starts to come together.
- Smoothies are best served right after blending. That’s when their texture and flavor is best.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ideas
One of the best things about smoothies is that they are so easily customizable. Try one or more of these extras to boost the flavor and nutrition of your strawberry banana smoothie.
- Add a teaspoon of ground flax seeds or chia seeds to add more fiber and other nutrients.
- Blend in 2-3 tablespoons of raw old-fashioned oats to make this strawberry banana smoothie a more filling breakfast.
- Mix in a spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter to boost the protein and add healthy fats to this strawberry banana smoothie.
- Add fresh greens, such as spinach. You won’t taste them (but they will alter the color of your smoothie).
- Add a fresh or frozen pineapple for a tropical twist. Or try this refreshing Orange Smoothie.
- If you like a sweeter smoothie, blend in a teaspoon or two of honey or pure maple syrup.
- To make this smoothie dairy-free and vegan, use a dairy-free yogurt or omit the yogurt. Also be sure to use a non-dairy milk.
When you’re craving something cool and sweet, blend up this strawberry banana smoothie. It’s a classic smoothie flavor that never goes out of style.
Made this recipe? Leave a comment below to let me know how you liked it!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 medium banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup almond milk, or other milk of choice
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve.
- Omit the yogurt (or use non dairy yogurt) and use non dairy milk for a dairy-free smoothie.
- For a higher protein smoothie, add 2 tablespoons of nut butter. Almond butter and peanut butter are both delicious in this smoothie.