Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is sweet, creamy and bursting with fresh strawberry banana flavor.
Like this recipe? Pin it to Pinterest!
I love making smoothies because they’re quick, refreshing and nutritious. Blending up a smoothie is an easy way to add a few servings of fruits and vegetables to your daily intake. Our favorite smoothie recipes include this Berry Smoothie, Banana Smoothie and this strawberry banana smoothie. Strawberries and bananas are one of the best flavor combinations, and they really shine in this healthy smoothie. It blends up thick and creamy and contains protein, fiber, potassium and other nutrients.
When you need a quick breakfast or snack that you can enjoy on the go, this strawberry banana smoothie is a perfect choice. It’s made with one of my favorite smoothie ingredients: plain Greek yogurt. The yogurt gives the smoothie a creamy texture and adds satiating protein. I also sometimes blend in a spoonful of almond butter or peanut butter to make the smoothie even more filling.
Why You’ll Love this Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- You’ll need only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make it.
- It’s thick, creamy and flavorful.
- If you have extra ripe bananas on your counter, it’s a great way to use them.
- It’s a healthy way to satisfy a sweets craving and a kid favorite.
- This strawberry banana smoothie is endlessly customizable to add more protein, fiber and other nutrients. See the smoothie ideas below!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
This easy strawberry banana smoothie is made with just 4 ingredients.
- Frozen Strawberries: Using frozen berries thickens and chills the smoothie. If you prefer to use fresh strawberries, then it’s best to use frozen banana to thicken the smoothie.
- Banana: Both fresh or frozen banana works well here. The riper the banana, the more sweetness it will add to the smoothie.
- Almond Milk: I usually use almond milk for the liquid in this fruit smoothie. You can also use dairy milk, or another non dairy milk such as oat milk or coconut milk.
- Greek Yogurt: For creaminess. I like to use plain Greek yogurt to avoid added sugar. You can make the smoothie without yogurt if you prefer.
I use this recipe so often. It’s simple but delicious!Teresa
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This strawberry banana smoothie is so quick and easy to make. Just add everything to your blender and blend until smooth!
These tips will ensure that your smoothies turn out perfect, every time:
- Use at least one frozen fruit or vegetable to thicken and chill the smoothie.
- Always err on the side of adding less liquid to begin with and then add more as needed to thin out the smoothie.
- A high powered blender will give you the best results, blending the ingredients fully and smoothly.
- If your blender came with a tamper, using it as you blend can help the ingredients to blend up smoothly, even in a very thick smoothie. If you don’t have a tamper, you can stop and stir the smoothie as needed.
- Layer the smoothie ingredients for the most efficient blending. Put greens, such as spinach or kale, or raw oats at the bottom of the blender to give them a head start on blending up smoothly. Then add frozen fruit next. Add ingredients such as nut butters or yogurt on top of the fruits and vegetables to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of your blender.
- Begin blending on low speed and increase to higher speed as the smoothie starts to come together.
- Smoothies are best served right after blending. That’s when their texture and flavor is best.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ideas
One of the best things about smoothies is that they are so easily customizable. Try one or more of these extras to boost the flavor and nutrition of your strawberry banana smoothie.
- Add a teaspoon of ground flax seeds or chia seeds to add more fiber and other nutrients.
- Blend in 2-3 tablespoons of raw old-fashioned oats to make this strawberry banana smoothie a more filling breakfast.
- Mix in a spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter to boost the protein and add healthy fats to this strawberry banana smoothie.
- Add fresh greens, such as spinach. You won’t taste them (but they will alter the color of your smoothie).
- Add a fresh or frozen pineapple for a tropical twist. Or try this refreshing Orange Smoothie.
- If you like a sweeter smoothie, blend in a teaspoon or two of honey or pure maple syrup.
- To make this smoothie dairy-free and vegan, use a dairy-free yogurt or omit the yogurt. Also be sure to use a non-dairy milk.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
If you love smoothies, don’t miss these easy smoothie recipes:
When you’re craving something cool and sweet, blend up this strawberry banana smoothie. It’s a classic smoothie flavor that never goes out of style.
Made this recipe? Leave a comment below to let me know how you liked it!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 medium banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup almond milk, or other milk of choice
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve.
- Omit the yogurt (or use non dairy yogurt) and use non dairy milk for a dairy-free smoothie.
- For a higher protein smoothie, add 2 tablespoons of nut butter. Almond butter and peanut butter are both delicious in this smoothie.
Yum! This the best smoothie recipe.
I just made this smoothie. It was simple and absolutely delicious. It’s also quite filling. I’ve been put on a diet after a surgery a month ago, and this is one of the few times in that month I actually feel full. Great recipe. Thanks so much
You just made my day! I’m so glad that you enjoyed this smoothie. Good luck with your recovery!
This was a great recipe! I’ve never been able get my family to do smoothies and they loved this!
I’m so happy everyone liked it! It’s one of our favorites!
Just made this for my husband and I . Very yummy as I never find any I like. Next time I am going to add some peanut butter ?
I’m happy that you enjoyed this smoothie! It is delicious with peanut butter!
Why would you use almond milk and yogurt? Yogurt isn’t dairy free…
The recipe instructions indicate that you can make it dairy-free by using almond milk and omitting the optional greek yogurt.
Love your smoothie can I put honey in there to suite is some improve the health benefits.
Yes, you can add honey if you want.
An you pretty much substitute any fruit for the strawberries?
Yes, smoothie recipes are really flexible so you can adapt however you want.
i loved this smoothie!
Do you put ice in the smoothie
No ice needed. Use frozen strawberries and it is delicious.
I made the high protein version this morning for breakfast and it was delicious! My old blender had trouble handling all of the frozen strawberries at once, so I prepared all of the ingredients in another bowl and blended them one tablespoon at a time. It still turned out great!
Can’t wait to try them all!
I use this recipe so often. It’s simple but delicious!
This tastes very similar to the strawberry banana smoothie that my husband gets from Smoothie King. I added a handful of spinach for added nutrients and my kids loved it! We’ll definitely make this smoothie often. Thanks for the recipe!
This is absolutely delicious! It leaves me feeling full and the best part is that’s it’s a low-calorie healthy snack!
Can these be frozen after making them?
I have not tried that. Since there are just four ingredients, this smoothie is super fast to make, though!
Do you have a book out yet that has all the recipes? I would totally buy it as I love your smoothies. My kids love them as well. I’ve printed a few of them, but would love to purchase a book if it’s possible!
Thank you for your kind words! I do not currently have a cookbook. I’m glad you are enjoying the recipes!
based on a serving of 8 oz., can the remaining 16 oz. be stored in the fridge for 2 days?
This smoothie is best when it’s freshly made, so I’d suggest scaling down the recipe to make just the amount that you need.
If I use fresh strawberries should I put ice in with it and if so how much
You could put in about 1/2 cup of ice and I would also recommend using frozen banana. You don’t want to put in too much ice or it may water down the smoothie.
When it comes to healthy smoothies I have picky 9 yr old twins, but these smoothies they like ! Thank you! You have no idea what a game changer is for me, one of my twins has severe autism , and for him to give a thumbs up is WONDERFUL. Thank you
Can I use strawberry Greek yogurt instead of plain?
Yes, that will work fine. It will add some additional sweetness to the smoothie. Enjoy!