This orange smoothie is refreshing and easy to make with only 5 ingredients. A touch of vanilla makes this smoothie so irresistible!
Smoothies are a great way to add fresh produce to your diet because they’re quick, easy and delicious. There are endless ways to combine ingredients to make healthy smoothies, and I’ve shared many of our favorite smoothie recipes over the years.
This orange smoothie is one of the most refreshing smoothies I’ve tried. Orange, mango and banana are blended together with almond milk and a few drops of vanilla extract. The vanilla is the secret ingredient that makes this smoothie so good, with a taste similar to an Orange Julius (but without the added sugar).
We love to make this orange smoothie in the summer as a way to cool off, but we also love it in the winter months, when fresh citrus is in season. The oranges and mangos are a good source of Vitamin C, which I like to think gives our immune system a little boost during cold and flu season. Whether or not that’s true, or just wishful thinking, I can’t say for sure. What I can say is that this fruit smoothie is delicious, either way!
Orange Smoothie Ingredients
This orange smoothie is made with only five ingredients.
- Fresh Orange: You’ll need one large orange, peeled. I like to use fresh oranges in smoothies, rather than orange juice, because with the whole fruit you get more fiber than with juice.
- Banana: The banana helps to thicken the smoothie and makes it a little creamy. The banana also adds sweetness.
- Frozen Mango: Using frozen mango, rather than fresh, helps to thicken the smoothie. It’s also easy to keep on hand and it’s already prepped and ready to go into the blender. If you need a substitute for mango, frozen peaches work well in this recipe, too.
- Almond Milk: Using almond milk keeps this smoothie dairy-free. If you prefer, you can use dairy milk or another type of non dairy milk.
- Vanilla Extract: Just 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla adds the best flavor to this orange smoothie.
How to Make an Orange Smoothie
This recipe couldn’t be easier! To make it, add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. That’s it!
- To make this smoothie extra creamy and also add more protein, you can blend in 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt. If the yogurt makes your smoothie too tart, you can add a small amount of honey or pure maple syrup.
- You can use frozen banana instead of fresh. If the smoothie is too thick, blend in a little more almond milk.
- A high powered blender is best for fully pureeing the orange to a smooth texture.
- This smoothie is best served right after making it. If you’d like to prep it ahead, I suggest freezing the orange, banana and mango together in a zip-top plastic bag. When you’re ready to make the smoothie, add the frozen fruit, almond milk and vanilla to your blender and blend, adding more milk if needed to thin out the smoothie.
More Smoothie Recipes
Try one of these easy smoothie recipes next:
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Green Monster Smoothie
- Cocoa Almond Protein Smoothie
- Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 large orange (peeled)
- ½ medium banana
- 1 cup frozen mango pieces
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!