Triple Berry Spinach Salad
Fresh and healthy Triple Berry Spinach Salad with Creamy No Mayo Poppy Seed Dressing. So easy to make, and delicious for lunch, summer BBQ’s and dinner parties!
Are you as excited as I am about summer berry season? Fresh strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries are so sweet right now, especially when you buy them at the farmer’s market.
Julia, William and I went to the market this weekend and picked up some strawberries and blackberries. We also had a few raspberries in our refrigerator, and I couldn’t resist making this fresh spinach salad with all of those berries!
I actually had another recipe that I was planning to share with you today, but once I tasted this salad I knew you couldn’t wait for the recipe. Especially with the 4th of July coming up… you need to add this Triple Berry Spinach Salad to your menu! It’s so pretty with its red, white and blue colors.
And if you think this Triple Berry Spinach Salad looks good, you’ll also love my:
I kept the salad ingredient list short and simple so that you can make it all summer long, whenever a berry craving hits. I’ve left a few notes below about how you can customize the salad with other ingredients. I made this berry spinach salad twice in one day, the second time with pecans and avocado. Both were equally yummy! I shared a photo of the other version on Instagram.
The dressing for this salad is made with one of my favorite ingredients, plain Greek yogurt. With Greek yogurt you can make a creamy, mayo-free dressing that’s light and healthy! The dressing has a nice balance of sweet, sour and creamy thanks to the tangy yogurt, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and honey. And it’s just delicious on the berries, spinach and almonds in this salad!
Tips for making this Triple Berry Spinach Salad:
- Add the dressing right before serving. You can assemble the salad and make the dressing ahead of time, just wait to drizzle on that creamy poppy seed dressing right before you’re ready to eat.
- You don’t need to use the exact three berries I used. Blueberries would also be delicious! If you only have two kinds of berries on hand (or even just one), that’s fine, too.
- Pecans or walnuts can be used instead of almonds.
- This salad is also amazing with avocado added!
To make this recipe I used my:
- favorite small lemon juicer/strainer with built in measuring cup – I use this almost every day!
- mini whisk
Triple Berry Spinach Salad with Creamy No Mayo Poppy Seed Dressing
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
For the Salad:
- 6 cups baby spinach
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until well combined.
- Place remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine. (I recommend using most, but not all of the dressing at first. You can add more as needed.) If you prefer, you can assemble the salads on individual plates or bowls and drizzle each with dressing.
- Serve immediately.