No Mayo Broccoli Salad with Blueberries and Apple + Recipe Video
The best ever No Mayo Broccoli Salad with Blueberries and Apple! A healthy and easy summer side dish with a creamy poppy seed dressing and dried cranberries. With a step by step recipe video to show you exactly how to make this scrumptious salad!
I’ve created a Facebook group to help us keep in touch and share healthy eating ideas! Join us here for new recipe ideas, healthy eating tips, and ideas for saving time while having fun in the kitchen!
This summer, I’m all about the side dishes and salads! First there was this Summer Grilled Corn Salad. Then came this Kale Superfood Salad with Quinoa and Blueberries. And today I’m sharing the recipe for this healthy, oh so EASY to make No Mayo Broccoli Salad. It’s a must make for your next BBQ or pool party!
All of these healthy salad recipes are full of fresh summer produce, which we are enjoying to the fullest right now. Food-wise, summer is definitely my favorite time of year. How about you?
I’ve never been a fan of mayo, hence this no mayo broccoli salad. (And this super popular Broccoli Casserole from Scratch.) So whenever there’s a recipe that’s typically made with mayo, I swap it out for one of my very favorite things, Greek yogurt. The yogurt works perfectly in this salad, and makes for a creamy yet healthy dressing to coat the crunchy broccoli and other yummies in this salad!
Apple is a pretty common ingredient in broccoli salad, but I also added blueberries to mine. I was going for a red, white, and blue… and green color scheme for 4th of July. 😉
It works, don’t you think?
Besides the broccoli, apple, and blueberries, this salad is full of dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and red onion. Everything is tossed in a creamy Greek yogurt poppy seed dressing, made with just 5 ingredients. Both the salad and dressing come together in just minutes. This No Mayo Broccoli Salad with Apple and Blueberries is one of the easiest side dishes you can make and it’s full of fresh, real ingredients!
I made a big bowl of this broccoli salad for Brad and I even though we weren’t going to a BBQ or party. That was ok, though, because the leftovers made for some delicious lunches for the next few days!
Tips for making this No Mayo Broccoli Salad:
- These glass nesting bowls make prep quick and easy. I use them all the time whenever I bake or cook!
- Yes, the broccoli is uncooked in this salad. You don’t want mushy broccoli here – the crispness is what makes this salad delicious. Be sure to chop the broccoli small – you want bite-size pieces.
- The leftovers are delicious for lunch! I recommend using these 2 cup glass containers for storing your portions.
Watch my recipe video to see the simple steps for making this salad:
Why we love this easy no mayo broccoli salad:
- The crisp, crunchy broccoli coated in the Greek yogurt poppy seed dressing is delicious and good for you.
- It’s full of fresh produce, which provides fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- You can make it ahead and it will stay fresh for a few days in the refrigerator.
- 1 ½ pounds fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 large apple, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use full fat, low fat will also work)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Place broccoli, blueberries, red onion, cranberries, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. In a small bowl, toss apple with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Add to the big bowl with the salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Salad may be served immediately or refrigerated until serving. It will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!