Start your day with this healthy smoothie and get in some greens, fruit, oats, and protein-rich Greek yogurt first thing! This Blueberry Smoothie is packed with superfoods and perfect for busy mornings! It makes a yummy and healthy breakfast for kids or adults!
Now that the weather is starting to warm up, we are making more smoothies for breakfasts and snacks. What is it about a smoothie that can brighten your mood? Especially kids. When someone’s cranky, all it takes is mention of a smoothie for a snack and smiles appear.
I have quite a few smoothie recipes on this website, and I make most of them pretty consistently. This Blueberry Smoothie is my 6-year-old’s favorite, as he loves blueberry smoothies best. I don’t think he even realizes that there is spinach in this healthy oatmeal smoothie!
This Blueberry Smoothie is quick enough for you to make for weekday breakfasts. All you need to do is add everything to your blender and blend until smooth. It takes 5 minutes, tops!
This Healthy Blueberry Smoothie:
- is made without banana. I know that some of you are looking for smoothies with no banana and this is a great one!
- has lots of staying power. It will keep you full all morning, since it has fiber from the oats and berries and protein from the Greek yogurt.
- can be made dairy-free by omitting the yogurt and using non-dairy milk.
This Blueberry Smoothie is a lifesaver when it’s too warm to enjoy a hot breakfast but you still want something healthy and filling to start your day. Any smoothie can be breakfast, of course, but I like to put oats in my breakfast smoothies. The oats add healthy fiber and help to bulk up the smoothie so it has more staying power. I’ve also used Greek yogurt in this Blueberry Smoothie to give it more filling protein.
Why the spinach? Why not? 🙂 I’m all for getting some greens in first thing in the morning. You can’t taste the spinach at all, so throw in a good-sized handful!
Even when our temperatures cool down, I’ll still continue to make this smoothie for breakfast or snack time. If you love oatmeal smoothies, I think you’ll also love my Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie. It’s one of my kids’ favorite breakfasts, and you can use your favorite berries! Or, try my Apple-Pear Oatmeal Smoothie, which is especially delicious when you are craving fall flavors.
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup milk, whichever type you prefer
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.