Green Monster Smoothie
You won’t taste the spinach in this Green Monster Smoothie… not even one little bit! This smoothie is packed full of healthy ingredients, including a good dose of Vitamin C!
For the past two weeks, at least one person in my family has been sick every day. We just can’t seem to catch a break! The baby had it worst of all, poor little guy. None of my other kids were ever as sick as he was, at such a young age. Thankfully he finally seems to be getting better, although he has a cough that will probably linger for a while.
What’s a mom to do? Try to get as many nutrients into my family as possible, in the hopes that they will boost our immune systems. I’m guessing that many of you are also struggling with colds and other viruses right now, based on the current popularity of my Immunity Boosting Orange Smoothie.
This Green Monster Smoothie is also full of immunity boosting Vitamin C. Orange, pineapple, and spinach all provide Vitamin C in this green smoothie. Spinach is also high in Vitamin A and a good source of iron. Consuming Vitamin C at the same time as iron may help your body absorb more of that iron.
LOVE GREEN SMOOTHIES? Try my Blender Green Smoothie Waffles next!
But the reason why you’ll love this Green Monster Smoothie the most? The taste! With plenty of sweet fruits hanging out in this healthy green smoothie, you won’t taste the spinach. At all. Just ask my kids. 🙂 I guarantee you they wouldn’t drink a smoothie that tasted like spinach.
Why is it called a green monster? I’m not sure where the name originally came from, but it sure appeals to the kids!
Tips for making this Green Monster Smoothie:
- A high powered blender will ensure that the orange in this smoothie is blended smoothly. I love my Vitamix. If you don’t have a high powered blender, see the next tip.
- You can substitute orange juice for the water and omit the orange.
- You can use a frozen or unfrozen banana… which is great for people like me who always forget to freeze them!
- If you love green smoothies as much as I do you will also want to try my Favorite Green Smoothie and my Tropical Green Chia Seed Smoothie.
Green Monster Smoothie
- 1 banana (frozen for a thicker smoothie)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 pear (cored and sliced)
- 1 orange (peeled and chopped)
- 3 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 cup cold water
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!