Tropical Green Smoothie
This Tropical Green Smoothie is quick to make for breakfast or a snack. You will love the tropical and citrus flavors in this nutritious smoothie!
Good morning, Sunshine! That’s how you’ll feel when you whip up this Tropical Green Smoothie for breakfast! This bright and fresh green smoothie will put a smile on your face as you start your day. Promise! 😉
Made with almond milk (coconut water is delicious too), kale, chia seeds, pineapple, mango and orange, this smoothie is light and refreshing. Whenever I make this for myself and my kids for a snack, I feel energized and ready to tackle whatever is next on my to do list.
I’ve been loving almond milk in my smoothies and overnight oats because of its smooth, creamy texture and short ingredient list. It doesn’t have any strange, unrecognizable ingredients and I love the simple unsweetened almond flavor. I’ve slowly been transitioning to plant-based milks and unsweetened almond milk is a staple in my kitchen.
I’ve made this Tropical Green Smoothie with both baby kale and the green curly kale that you most often see in your grocery store. Either way, you can’t taste the greens. When adding kale to your smoothies, it’s best to add some sweet fruits to offset kale’s bitterness. A quadruple combination of pineapple, mango, banana and orange do the job in this refreshing smoothie.
You can add whatever greens you have left in your refrigerator to your smoothies. You’ll see baby kale in the photos here. You can also blend in spinach, swiss chard, romaine lettuce, or even carrot top greens! To keep your greens fresh for days in your refrigerator, see my tips for how to wash kale.
Tips for making this Tropical Green Chia Seed Smoothie:
- 1/2 cup of mango (fresh or frozen) is a great substitute for the fresh orange.
- To bulk this smoothie up even more, add 2-3 tablespoons of raw, old-fashioned oats.
- Store your chia seeds in the freezer to make them last longer.
- A high powered blender will ensure that the kale and chia seeds are completely blended for the smoothest smoothie.
Tropical Green Smoothie
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped kale
- 1/3 small banana (frozen)
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 small orange (peeled*)
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or coconut water)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. (I recommend using a high powered blender to achieve a smooth consistency.) Serve immediately.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!