Ham and Cheese Sliders
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
Ham and Cheese Sliders are the perfect make-ahead party food. Who can resist a warm sandwich with melty cheese, salty ham, and sweet honey mustard sauce?
I made these sliders for my son’s birthday party and they were a hit. Everyone kept raving about how good they were, and they are so easy to make! I wanted to keep the party menu simple but still delicious, and sliders were definitely the way to go. I assembled these earlier in the day, popped them in the fridge on a baking sheet, and then warmed them in the oven right before dinner time.
For these sliders, I made a quick honey mustard sauce but do try my homemade honey mustard sauce, it’s the best. Buttery slider buns will work but I used sweet Hawaiian rolls for these sliders which make a delicious balance to the salty ham and cheese flavors. Swiss cheese or American are traditional but a thick slice of cheddar is so tasty too!
Since the party, I’ve made ham and cheese sliders for dinner when I wanted something quick and easy. The melty cheese, salty ham, and sweet honey mustard come together to make one delicious sandwich. Try these sliders at your next party, they make a great appetizer too!
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 2 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp. honey
- 8 Hawaiian rolls or slider buns
- 8 slices deli ham*
- 8 slices cheddar cheese, swiss cheese or american cheese*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make the honey mustard sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, Dijon, and honey. Or just use dijon if you prefer.
- Assemble and warm the sliders: Slice rolls in half and spread about ¾ teaspoon of honey mustard sauce on bottom half of each roll. Top each with a slice of ham and a slice of cheddar and cover with top bun to close sandwich.
- Place sliders on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and sliders are warmed through. Serve immediately.
Oh my word – these look so good! I love the idea of putting them in the oven until the cheese is melted – and that sauce sounds so yummy! My boys would love these – pinned!
Thanks for the pin, Jen! Yes, these are definitely kid-friendly and so easy to make!
I so wish I was eating these for dinner tonight!
Tomorrow maybe? 🙂