Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
These Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes are quick, easy and delicious! From hearty pastas to chili and meatloaf, there’s something for everyone included in this list of easy ground beef dinner ideas.
Ground beef is a dinnertime staple. It’s budget-friendly, versatile and cooks quickly. These Instant Pot ground beef recipes are some of my favorite family-friendly dinner ideas! You might also enjoy these Instant Pot Beef Recipes, which include recipes for other cuts of beef as well.
Instant Pot recipes are often my go-to’s for getting quick meals on the table. These Instant Pot ground beef recipes are:
- Quick and easy to prepare. Once you get everything into the pot, it’s hands-off from there.
- Full of flavor. The Instant Pot pressure cooker develops deep, rich flavors in a fraction of the time.
- Family-friendly. Everyone at the table can enjoy these easy recipes.
Tips for Making these Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
- Follow the recipe when choosing which type of ground beef to buy. Many recipes specify whether to use 80%, 85% or 90%. Ground sirloin (90%) is leaner and is what I often use in Instant Pot recipes to avoid a greasy finished dish.
- Should you drain the grease? If there is a fair amount of grease in the pot after browning the beef, I recommend draining it off to avoid excess grease in the finished dish. If there is just a small amount of grease, you can leave it. Draining is usually not necessary when using 90% lean ground sirloin.
- Deglaze the pot before pressure cooking. After sautéing in the pot, add a bit of the cooking liquid and scrape up any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pot. This step can help to prevent the Instant Pot burn message.
- Make sure the sealing ring is fitted properly into the lid and that the steam release valve is in the sealing position before pressure cooking.
- Follow the recipe instructions for either a quick or natural release. A quick release is recommended when making pastas to keep the pasta from overcooking. When making dishes such as meatloaf or meatballs, a natural release can make the meat more tender.
- New to Instant Pot cooking? My beginner’s guide on How to Use an Instant Pot makes getting started simple!
How to Cook Frozen Ground Beef in the Instant Pot
If you forget to thaw your frozen ground beef, you can use your Instant Pot to thaw or cook it from frozen. Here are the simple steps:
- Remove the ground beef from any packaging.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot and add the metal trivet to the pot. Place the frozen beef on the trivet.
- Pressure cook for 20 minutes and then quick release the pressure.
- Take the ground beef out of the pot and clean the inner pot. It’s ok if the beef isn’t fully cooked at this point.
- Use the Instant Pot sauté function to finish cooking the beef, crumbling it and cooking until it is browned and cooked through.
This method works for beef that is frozen in one pound flats. A larger piece of frozen meat will take longer to cook. Learn more in my Instant Pot Taco Meat recipe.
Browning Ground Beef in the Instant Pot
I always start ground beef recipes by browning the beef. Browning adds flavor and creates the best texture. To brown ground beef in the Instant Pot, use the Instant Pot Sauté function. Once the pot is hot, add the beef and cook it until browned, crumbling with a spoon or spatula.
Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
This Instant Pot Chili Recipe makes the best hearty beef chili! Cooking chili in the Instant Pot gives it the best rich flavor without hours of simmering on the stove.
This easy Instant Pot Spaghetti is one of my family’s all-time favorite meals. The meat, pasta and sauce all cook together in the Instant Pot. It’s fast and so flavorful!
In this Instant Pot Meatballs recipe, tender meatballs cook in a simple homemade marinara sauce. Serve them with pasta or make meatball sub sandwiches.
When it comes to hearty, homemade comfort food, this Instant Pot Goulash is a tried-and-true favorite. With ground beef, macaroni pasta and cheese in a flavorful tomato-based sauce, this easy meal is perfect for a weeknight.
Make homemade lasagna without turning on your oven with this Instant Pot Lasagna recipe. This easy lasagna cooks right in the Instant Pot inner pot so that you don’t need a special pan. It’s cheesy, saucy and comforting!
Instant Pot Taco Meat can be cooked from fresh or frozen ground beef, so it’s perfect for those nights when you need a quick meal and forgot to defrost the meat.
When you’re craving comfort food, this Instant Pot Meatloaf always satisfies. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes cook together in the Instant Pot in this easy one pot dish. Add some green beans on the side and dinner is done!
Stuffed peppers are a favorite for dinner because the whole meal is wrapped up in a colorful little package: fresh bell peppers. These Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers are easy to make and have a delicious filling of seasoned ground beef, rice and tomato sauce.
When you love tacos AND pasta, it’s only natural to combine them into one dish: Instant Pot Taco Pasta. Ground beef, pasta shells, taco seasonings and cheese come together to create one supremely delicious dinner idea.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is a comfort food favorite! This easy beef stroganoff recipe features ground beef, mushrooms and egg noodles all cooked together in the Instant Pot. Plain Greek yogurt is stirred in at the end for a creamy finish, or use sour cream if you prefer.
More Favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Vegetarian Instant Pot Recipes
- Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- Best Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes: Instant Pot Goulash
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, any color, chopped
- 1 ¾ cups low sodium beef broth, or chicken broth, equal to one 14.5 ounce can
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 cups elbow macaroni pasta, uncooked, 9 ounces by weight
- 30 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, 6 ounces by weight
- Turn on the Instant Pot's saute function. When the pot is hot, add the ground beef and cook, crumbling, until browned. Drain excess grease if desired.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped bell pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Press Cancel to turn off the saute function.
- Pour in the beef broth and stir, scraping up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add the pasta to the pot and press it down into an even layer in the liquid but do not stir. It is ok if the pasta is not all covered by the liquid. Put the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce on top of the pasta. Do not stir.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and move the steam release valve to the sealing position. Set the cook time to 4 minutes at high pressure. The Instant Pot will take about 15 minutes to reach pressure and then the cook time will start counting down.
- When the cook time ends, do a quick release of the pressure by carefully moving the valve to the venting position. When the pin drops down open the Instant Pot lid.
- The goulash may look a little watery and some of the pasta may be slightly stuck together. Stir gently and the extra liquid will be absorbed and the pasta will separate.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese. Serve and enjoy!
- Serves 6 generously or makes 8 smaller servings.