Skillet Parmesan Green Beans + Recipe Video
Crisp, fresh Skillet Parmesan Green Beans are an easy side dish that you’ll want to make again and again! A step by step how to recipe video shows you just how quick and simple they are to make!
I was just looking back at my recent recipe posts and noticed a theme… fresh green produce has been on my mind and in my kitchen this summer! It started with a fresh kale avocado salad, and then this loaded berry spinach salad. Next there was this green smoothie, a pesto pasta salad, healthy zucchini muffins, and finally these light and healthy zucchini noodles.
Today’s delicious recipe also follows the green theme. If you like green beans, you are going to LOVE this recipe. These Skillet Parmesan Green Beans are a simple yet so flavorful way to enjoy crisp fresh green beans! There are just three ingredients, plus salt and pepper, in this easy recipe.
This recipe happened almost by accident. I was in line at the farmer’s market with a bag of zucchini in hand, when I noticed the fresh green beans. They looked so good that I had to grab some.
Back at home, I was doing some meal prep with the fruits and vegetables I had bought. As I was grilling up some veggies on my grill pan, I had a thought… grilled green beans would be delicious! I grilled those fresh green beans, seasoned them with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese, and they were amazing!
Now, I know you might not have a grill pan. So I wanted to give you a recipe that you could make in any skillet or pan that you have in your kitchen. The next time I made Parmesan green beans I made them in my large skillet and they were just as crisp and tasty as the pan-grilled beans. I did a little happy dance and went off to eat a plate of these Skillet Parmesan Green Beans for an afternoon snack. (After making you a recipe video and taking some pictures of them, of course.) 😉
Watch how EASY it is to make these Parmesan Green Beans:
If you have a fine-mesh grill basket, you can also make this recipe using your outdoor grill. Just toss the green beans with the olive oil, salt and pepper and grill in your basket. When they’re crisp-tender, transfer them to a serving dish, sprinkle on the freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve. Yum!
Tips for making these Skillet Parmesan Green Beans:
- I highly recommend buying a block of Parmesan and grating it yourself, rather than using pre-grated cheese. I use my microplane zester all the time to grate hard cheeses and zest lemons and other citrus.
- Be careful not to overcook your green beans. You want them to have a crisp, crunchy bite!
- These tongs are my favorite for stirring and serving the green beans. They’re also great for flipping grilled meats and vegetables.
- This side dish is extremely versatile and can be served with many different meals, whenever fresh green beans are available.
- I have made these green beans and gently reheated them (in my microwave) up to one day later with good success. They were still crisp!
Skillet Parmesan Green Beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ pound fresh green beans washed, dried and stem ends trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green beans and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender. Be careful not to overcook them as you want the green beans to have a nice crispy bite. Mine took 4-6 minutes to cook; time will vary depending on the exact temperature of your skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan. Serve.
- I highly recommend buying a block of Parmesan and grating it yourself, rather than using pre-grated cheese.
- I’ve also cooked the green beans on my grill pan with good success. If you have a fine-mesh grill basket, you could grill them on an outdoor grill as well.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!