Air Fryer Green Beans
See my guide on how to use an Air Fryer.
Learn how to make the best Air Fryer Green Beans! Cooked to crisp-tender perfection, they’re a quick, easy and healthy side dish.
Cooking green beans in the air fryer is fast, easy, and the result is an incredibly tasty side dish that goes with almost any meal. These air fryer green beans have the perfect crisp-tender texture and cook in 10 minutes or less. This recipe is uses simple seasonings to let the flavor of the green beans shine. When buying fresh green beans look for firm, brightly colored beans with smooth, blemish-free skin. Thinner green beans will be more tender and flavorful than thicker beans, which can be tough.
Serve these air fryer green beans with Air Fryer Chicken Breast (cook the chicken first and let it rest while the green beans cook), Turkey Meatloaf or Pan Fried Pork Chops. They’re a versatile side dish that you can enjoy all throughout green bean season.
Like this recipe? Pin it to Pinterest!
How to Make Air Fryer Green Beans
- Start by prepping the green beans. Wash and dry them well, then trim off the stem ends. You can snap them off with your fingers or trim them with a knife.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370° F for 5 minutes.
- Toss the green beans with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the green beans in the air fryer basket and air fry at 370° F for 8-10 minutes, tossing them halfway through to promote even cooking. Then serve and enjoy!
Air Fryer Green Beans Recipe Tips
- Arrange the green beans in a single layer in the air fryer basket for crispier edges.
- If you prefer softer green beans, add a minute or two to the cook time. For crispier beans, cook them less. The best way to tell when air fryer green beans are done? Taste one! (Be careful – they’ll be hot right after cooking.)
- Shake the basket or use tongs to toss the green beans halfway through the cook time to promote even cooking.
- These are best served immediately after cooking, when they’re nice and hot.
We love these green beans as is – we seriously could not stop eating them right out of the air fryer basket. If you want to jazz them up a bit, try one of these ideas:
- Lemon: Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice when serving.
- Cheese: Top with grated Parmesan or crumbled goat cheese or feta.
- Butter: Add a pat of butter to the hot green beans.
- Olive Oil: Drizzle on extra virgin olive oil right before serving.
- Fresh Herbs: Fresh basil, parsley and thyme are especially good with green beans. Sprinkle on fresh herbs after cooking.
- Nuts: Serve with toasted almonds or walnuts.
- Bacon: Crispy air fryer bacon crumbles add a delicious salty bite.
- Garlic: Toss the green beans with a few cloves of fresh minced garlic during the last few minutes of the cook time.
- Red Pepper Flakes: For spice; just a small pinch goes a long way.
- Tomatoes: Green beans and fresh tomatoes are an incredible pair. Toss the cooked green beans together with fresh cherry tomato halves.
- Dressing: Drizzle on a Balsamic Glaze, Balsamic Vinaigrette or Honey Mustard Dressing.
Can You Cook Frozen Green Beans in an Air Fryer?
While fresh is best, you can cook frozen green beans in the air fryer. Frozen green beans will turn out softer because of their higher water content, but they will still be delicious.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370° F.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, toss the frozen green beans with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Do not thaw them. Alternatively, you can season the green beans after cooking.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes at 370° F, tossing after 4-5 minutes.
Storage and Reheating Tips
Air fryer green beans are best served right out of the air fryer, but leftovers will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The best way to reheat them is to heat for a few minutes in the air fryer at 350° F.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Love cooking in the air fryer? Try one of these air fryer recipes next.
Hot, crisp green beans with a sprinkle of salt are the side dish we’re craving! Give this green bean recipe a try and then leave a comment below to let me know how it turned out.
Best Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Trim off and discard the stem ends of the green beans.
- Preheat air fryer to 370° F for 5 minutes.
- Place green beans in a bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
- Place green beans in the air fryer basket. It's best if they are in a single layer, as this will make them the most crispy. Air fry at 370° F for 8-10 minutes, tossing halfway through to promote even cooking. Cook less for crisper green beans, cook more for softer beans.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed, and serve.
- To cook frozen green beans in the air fryer: Do not thaw the green beans before cooking. Follow the recipe as written (you will not need to trim the green beans). Add additional seasonings after cooking, as desired. Frozen green beans will turn out softer because of their higher water content, but they will still be delicious.