Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
FREE BACON FOR LIFE when you order your first ButcherBox today. Claim Now.
An easy white chicken chili recipe that’s made entirely in your crockpot! You will love this creamy, dairy-free Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili, made with cannellini beans, diced green chiles, and corn.
Ever since I made this Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup recipe, I’m addicted to dump and go slow cooker dinners. For some slow cooker recipes it’s worth the extra step of browning meat on the stove, but it sure is nice when you can just throw everything into the crockpot, turn it on, and get on with your day!
This easy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili recipe is just that: an easy, dump and go slow cooker dinner. My family loves this healthy white chicken chili, and I bet yours will too!
I have a trick for making creamy white chicken chili without dairy… white beans! I use cannellini beans in this chili because they add creaminess, and they are good for you, too.
After the chili cooks, I remove the chicken so that I can chop it up. Before adding the chopped chicken back in (and before adding the corn), I partially puree the broth and beans using an immersion blender. This helps to thicken the broth and creates a creamy chili. The trick is to puree the soup just enough so that you still have some beans left whole too.
If you’re ok with dairy, I recommend serving this chili with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream). It’s really good that way! If you’re dairy-free, I recommend avocado, crushed tortilla chips and cilantro for toppings.
You can cook this easy crockpot white chicken chili on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours. It’s done when the chicken is cooked through. If you’ll be away from your house all day, you can leave the chili cooking up to 8 or 9 hours on your slow cooker’s low setting.
How to make freezer to slow cooker white chicken chili
This crockpot chicken chili recipe can be made as a freezer meal for an even quicker dinner! You can prep the ingredients and freeze before cooking. You’ll put everything except for the broth and corn in a heavy duty zip-top plastic bag and freeze flat. Full freezer meal instructions are in the recipe card below.
When you are ready to cook the chili, thaw and transfer the bag contents to your slow cooker. It’s so easy, and you will have a home cooked dinner for almost no effort!
I use these freezer bag holders when I prep my freezer meals. They aren’t necessary, but now that I’ve tried them I can’t believe how much faster and easier they make the process of preparing freezer meals!
Tips for making this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili:
- You can adjust the spice of this chili to your preferences. For medium-spicy chili, use one can of hot and one can of mild diced green chiles, plus 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- I like to top my chili with crumbled tortilla chips, plain Greek yogurt and chopped cilantro. Sometimes I’ll add a little shredded cheese. The toppings make the chili even better, so be sure to add your favorites!
- If you want a stovetop recipe, try this white chicken chili recipe.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- For serving: cilantro, avocado, tortilla chip strips, plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, or shredded cheese, as desired
- Place chicken, onion, beans, diced green chiles, garlic, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, cayenne pepper and chicken broth in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours or high setting for 3-4 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and let it rest for a few minutes. Meanwhile, use an immersion blender to puree part of the chili. You just want to puree it a little bit, so that some of the beans help to thicken the broth and some of the beans remain whole.
- Chop the chicken and return it to the slow cooker. Stir in the corn.
- Cook for 5 more minutes on high setting. Serve with toppings as desired.
- Place all ingredients except for broth and corn in a heavy duty zip top plastic bag. Freeze flat for up to 3 months.
- Thaw the bag (either 24 hours in refrigerator or in a bowl of water).
- Transfer bag contents to slow cooker, add the broth and cook according to directions above.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!