Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup (No Chopping) + Video
Not only is this Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup simple to make, it’s also a family favorite! With a step by step how to recipe video. The best easy crockpot taco soup recipe!
This recipe was a hit. With me, with the hubby, and with the kids. It’s going to be on repeat for the rest of the fall and winter season, I’ve decided!
My slow cooker is my favorite kitchen tool for getting a healthy dinner on the table fast. And this taco soup is one of the easiest slow cooker recipes out there! If you love taco flavors and easy slow cooker meals then I recommend you also try my Easy Slow Cooker Taco Pasta. It’s healthy comfort food and I can’t get enough of the stuff!
It took me a few tries to get this slow cooker chicken taco soup recipe just right. The first version was good, but took more effort than I wanted. That recipe took some chopping, and I want to give you a dump-and-go taco soup recipe that you can prep in just minutes.
For the second version, I tried making this soup creamy. We liked that one okay, but I decided that it didn’t really need the cream that I added to it. We much prefer this simpler version, with a dollop of Greek yogurt on top if we’re craving a little creaminess.
Finally, I decided to forgo all chopping and pour in some salsa. The salsa adds more flavor (and some extra spice!) to this soup, without extra effort. The one that I used already has onion and jalapeno in it, which saves us prep time and ingredients.
Just 8 ready-to-go ingredients. Less than 10 minutes prep. Dump it into your crock pot, set it and forget it! That’s how easy this flavor-packed Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup is!
We like to serve this soup with tortilla chips for crumbling on top or scooping. My sweet honey cornbread recipe is also delicious with this taco soup.
How to make freezer to crockpot taco soup
This crockpot taco soup recipe can be made as a freezer meal for an even quicker dinner! You can prep the ingredients and freeze before cooking. You’ll put everything except for the broth in a heavy duty zip-top plastic bag and freeze flat. Full freezer meal instructions are in the recipe card below.
When you are ready to cook the taco soup, thaw and transfer the bag contents to your slow cooker. It’s so easy, and you will have a home cooked dinner for almost no effort!
I use these freezer bag holders when I prep my freezer meals. They aren’t necessary, but now that I’ve tried them I can’t believe how much faster and easier they make the process of preparing freezer meals!
If you like this slow cooker chicken taco soup recipe, I also recommend:
- easiest 3-ingredient slow cooker taco chicken
- honey bbq slow cooker chicken taquitos
- slow cooker turkey chickpea chili
Let me know if you try them!
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or store-bought
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Optional toppings: cilantro, plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, grated cheese, avocado, green onion, tortilla chips
- Place salsa, black beans, pinto beans, corn, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and chicken broth in slow cooker. Stir to combine. Nestle chicken into the slow cooker so that it’s completely covered by the liquid and other ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove chicken and shred or cut into bite-size pieces. Stir chicken back into the soup.
- Serve with toppings as desired.
- Freezer to Slow Cooker Directions:
(1) Place all ingredients except for broth in a heavy duty zip top plastic bag. Freeze flat for up to 3 months.
(2) Thaw the bag (either 24 hours in refrigerator or in a bowl of water).
(3) Transfer bag contents to slow cooker, add the broth and cook according to directions above.
- As written, this soup is medium-spicy. You can use 1 tablespoon less taco seasoning for a mild version.
- The taco soup can cook for longer than 6 hours if needed. I wouldn't recommend cooking it more than 8 hours (on low).
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!