This crock pot lasagna is possibly the easiest lasagna you will ever make. A few minutes of stovetop cooking for the meat and onions, and then into your slow cooker everything goes. Dinner will be ready when you are!
I’ve created a Facebook group to help us keep in touch and share healthy eating ideas! Join us here for new recipe ideas, healthy eating tips, and ideas for saving time while having fun in the kitchen!
Not to state the obvious or anything, but it’s January. Which for many of us means we are in full-on winter. No, I don’t live where it snows or gets below zero or anything, but temperatures still drop and we have our share of rainy, windy weather here.
What’s more comforting on a cold winter day than knowing your dinner is cooking away in the slow cooker, and making your house smell amazing at the same time? Not much, except maybe the fact that when dinnertime does come, the prep-work (and most of the dishes) are already done.
In January, I crave some healthy foods after all of the holiday indulging, but mostly I crave warm, comforting dinners. And lasagna is the ultimate comfort food. There’s not much better than a plate of cheesy, saucy pasta, is there?
I absolutely love making lasagna in my slow cooker. It is so quick and easy to get dinner started, and then I don’t have to think about cooking for the rest of the day!
To prep this Easy Slow Cooker Lasagna, you start by softening some onion and garlic on the stovetop. Then add in some meat to brown – I used lean ground turkey, and ground beef would work equally well.
Once the meat is browned, all that’s left to do is layer the ingredients in the slow cooker and start it all cooking on low heat. So easy, and cleanup is a breeze with only the one pan to wash.
Be sure to use your favorite marinara sauce in this Easy Slow Cooker Lasagna, as the flavor intensifies as the lasagna slowly cooks. We’ve enjoyed this family favorite meal twice so far this winter, and I know those times won’t be the last.
Looking for more fast and easy dinner ideas? Check out these other delicious and easy weeknight meals!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.25 lbs. ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 (26 oz. each) jars your favorite marinara sauce
- 10 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Fresh chopped parsley or basil, for serving, if desired
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the ground beef or turkey to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned, breaking up the meat into small pieces as it cooks. Remove pan from the heat.
- Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker. Make a single layer of noodles, breaking them up as needed. Top with ⅓ of the meat, ⅓ of the mozzarella, and 1 cup of the sauce. Make a second layer with noodles, half of the remaining meat, half of the remaining mozzarella, and another 1 cup of the sauce. Make a third layer with noodles, the remaining meat and mozzarella, and 1 cup of the sauce. Top with one more layer of noodles and about 1 ½ cups of sauce. (I didn't use quite the full two jars of sauce.)
- Cook on low heat for about 4 hours*, until noodles are soft. Turn off heat and let stand, covered, for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with grated Parmesan and fresh parsley or basil, if desired.