Air Fryer Bacon
See my guide on how to use an Air Fryer.
Air Fryer Bacon is extra crispy and so easy to make – no flipping required! Enjoy this breakfast classic with eggs, pancakes or French toast.
I love using my air fryer to cook meals for my family. Air frying is fast, easy, and the hot air that circulates makes the crispiest foods, like these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders and Air Fryer French Fries.
I first tried air fryer bacon years ago and I was instantly smitten. It truly is the crispiest bacon! You’ll love the way the edges get all wavy (think: extra crispy).
Cooking bacon in the air fryer is much less messy than cooking it in a skillet on the stove. It’s faster than cooking bacon in the oven – not only does it cook faster, but you also don’t have to wait for your oven to preheat. And clean up is a breeze!
Air fryer is new to me, recipe made it so easy! Bacon turned out perfect!Barbara
How to Prevent Smoking
Cooking bacon in the air fryer is really simple, but there is one issue that can come up: smoking. To prevent bacon from burning or smoking in the air fryer, it’s best to cook it at a temperature lower than the smoke point of bacon grease. I’ve experimented with different cooking temperatures and found 350° F to be the best temperature for air fryer bacon. Some recipes also call for adding a bit of water or a piece of bread to the bottom of the air fryer to help prevent smoking, but I find that cooking bacon at a lower temperature is sufficient.
How to Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer
Lay the bacon slices in the air fryer basket. If the slices are too long to fit in the basket, you can cut them in half to make them fit better. It is ok if the bacon slices are touching each other in the basket, but they shouldn’t be overlapping or layered on top of each other.
Air fry at 350° F for 8-15 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked how you like it.
Transfer the cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to soak up any excess bacon grease. Then enjoy!
How Long to Cook Bacon in the Air Fryer
The cook time for air fryer bacon can range from 8 minutes to 15 minutes at 350° F. Why such a large time range? There are a number of factors that play into how long bacon will take to cook in an air fryer:
- The thickness of the bacon. Thick cut bacon will take longer to cook than thin slices.
- Your air fryer model. Different air fryers can cook differently, so it’s important to check on your food and adjust the cook time as needed.
- Your preferences. You’ll want to cook your bacon longer if you like it extra crispy and well done. If you prefer it softer and chewier, you’ll want to air fry it for less time.
Air Fryer Bacon Recipe Tips
- Cook bacon in a single layer in the air fryer basket. I usually have to cook the bacon in a few batches to feed my family. Be sure to pour out the grease from the bottom of the air fryer in between batches.
- Air fry bacon at 350° F. Cooking at a higher temperature may cause the bacon grease to smoke.
- To clean your air fryer after cooking bacon, first pour out the grease that will have collected in the bottom of the air fryer. Then wash out the basket with warm soapy water. After the air fryer base unit cools, you may want to wipe down the inside with a damp cloth to clean off any grease spatters.
How to Store and Reheat
Cooked bacon can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat bacon in the air fryer at 350° F for a few minutes, until hot and crispy. Or, reheat in the microwave.
Bacon is such a versatile ingredient! Here are a few of our favorite ways to enjoy it:
- For breakfast. Bacon is a breakfast favorite. Nothing gets my kids out of their beds in the morning like the smell of bacon cooking in the kitchen! We love to serve bacon with Scrambled Eggs, French Toast or Buttermilk Pancakes.
- A crispy flavor booster. Bacon also makes a perfect topping for an Air Fryer Baked Potato or Potato Soup. Crispy crumbled bacon adds a salty pop of flavor to Deviled Eggs, Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts and Homemade Mac and Cheese.
- A recipe ingredient. Or, use air fryer bacon in recipes with cooked bacon as an ingredient. Try this Breakfast Casserole or Spinach Salad with Bacon. Add it to a Crustless Quiche or use it to make a classic BLT sandwich.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
View all of my Air Fryer Recipes.
Air Fryer Bacon
- 8 slices bacon
- Lay bacon slices in air fryer basket. They can be touching each other but shouldn't be overlapping or laying on top of each other. (If your air fryer is small, you may need to cut the bacon in half to make it fit. Cook bacon in batches as needed.)
- Air fry at 350° F for 8-15 minutes, until bacon is cooked how you like it. Thicker bacon will take longer to cook and thinner bacon will cook faster.
- Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate to absorb extra grease. If cooking a second batch of bacon in the air fryer, pour the grease out of the bottom of the air fryer before adding the second batch of bacon.
- You can cook more or less bacon, in batches as needed.