Honey Dijon Grilled Chicken
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
An easy marinade makes this Honey Dijon Grilled Chicken a summer staple! We’ve been making this recipe for years and it’s always a hit!
Hello, hello! I’m so excited to get this recipe to you today, as it’s one of our favorites that we make all summer long. This Honey Dijon Grilled Chicken is packed with flavor – and my kids absolutely love it! What’s more, they even tell me so. “I really like this dinner, Mom!” Those are words I love to hear!
Summer days are for adventuring, relaxing, and being outdoors. The last thing you want to do is spend a long time in the kitchen cooking dinner, right? I add this grilled chicken to our menu plan almost every week, and I love how I hardly have to think about cooking with this recipe.
Brad and I have grilled a lot of chicken breasts and have learned a lot along the way. See this lemon and herb grilled chicken recipe for our best tips for making juicy grilled chicken! My grilled chicken fajitas and chicken thighs are other summer favorites along with cilantro lime chicken. If you are looking for a more savory marinade, try my chicken marinade recipe.
To make it a meal, I’ll add in some Instant Pot corn on the cob or grilled vegetables in foil and crusty bread with butter. Plus a green salad or fruit salad if I’m feeling ambitious. It takes minimal effort, and everyone in the family is happy with their dinner plate.
Tips for making this Honey Dijon Grilled Chicken recipe:
- I like to make the marinade in a liquid measuring cup for easy pouring. I find that whisking the ingredients together helps to make sure everything is well combined.
- These ziploc bag holders (pictured above) are completely non-essential, but they do make it so easy to add your chicken and marinade to the baggie!
- There are a few things you can do to keep your grilled chicken moist. (Because no one wants dry chicken, right?) If you’re using boneless, skinless breasts, you can pound them so that they’re thinner and an even thickness. Or, use chicken thighs which tend to be moister. Finally, use an instant-read thermometer to check when the chicken is done. You want it to be cooked to 165 degrees F. Overcooking leads to dry chicken!
Honey Dijon Grilled Chicken (Easy Marinade Recipe)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon, honey, garlic, salt and pepper in a liquid measuring cup.
- Place chicken in a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag and pour marinade over. Zip to seal.
- Refrigerate chicken in marinade for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken on hot grill, discarding excess marinade. Grill 5-8 minutes per side, until cooked through. (Cook time will vary based on size and thickness of chicken.) The internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken should register 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!