Hummus Veggie Wrap
This hummus veggie wrap makes a healthy and delicious lunch or easy dinner. It’s quick to prep and packs well for work or school lunches!
I’m always trying new recipes for dinner, snacks, and treats, but lunch often gets overlooked in my menu planning process. Which means we end up eating a lot of sandwiches, cheese quesadillas, and, sometimes leftovers. Usually I don’t have much time to devote to preparing lunch, so if I’m going to make something out of the usual rotation it needs to be easy.
These hummus veggie wraps totally fit the quick and easy requirement. Besides assembling the wraps, the only prep work needed is to grill the vegetables. This can easily be done indoors, so long as you have a grill pan. Oh, and you can toss the pine nuts in a skillet to toast for two minutes while the veggies are grilling. Not much effort is needed to do that.
I actually made these for dinner one night, and then I had the leftovers for lunch the next day. The grilled vegetable wraps make a filling meal, with a salad or some fresh fruit on the side. Since I made these for dinner, I had a few extra minutes to prep during nap time. While William slept, Julia helped me make homemade hummus and roasted red peppers (she’s great at peeling off the charred skins!). Each of these takes about 10 minutes. Sometimes, with kids at your feet or other obligations to attend to, you don’t have a few extra minutes to spare. In that case, buy a jar of roasted red peppers and a container of hummus from the grocery store. I won’t tell. 😉
How to make a Hummus Veggie Wrap
1. Spread a layer of hummus on a large tortilla.
2. Sprinkle on toasted pine nuts, for crunch.
3. Add a layer of fresh spinach leaves.
4. Pile on the grilled veggies! I like to use zucchini, bell peppers and red onions. You can use whatever vegetables you like. This veggie wrap recipe is a great way to use up leftover vegetables that you have in your refrigerator at the end of the week!
5. Roll up the tortilla, burrito-style and serve.
These wraps are great for grab and go work lunches. They also pack well in school lunch boxes.
More Healthy Lunch Recipes:
Hummus Veggie Wrap
- 2 medium zucchini sliced lengthwise ¼-inch thick
- 1 small red onion sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- ½ cup roasted red peppers or 1 raw bell pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 (9-inch) whole wheat wraps
- 1 cup hummus
- ¼ cup pine nuts lightly toasted, if desired
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves about 2 cups
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Lightly brush both sides of the zucchini slices, onion rounds and bell peppers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until slightly browned and softened, about 4 minutes per side.
- Spread ¼ cup hummus over each wrap. Sprinkle on the pine nuts and add the spinach.
- Divide the zucchini slices, onions, and bell peppers between the wraps. Roll each wrap up and cut in half. Serve.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!