Homemade Ranch Dressing
Homemade Ranch Dressing makes a great dip for fresh veggies and is delicious on green salads. Made with Greek yogurt rather than mayo, you’ll love the tangy, fresh herb flavor of this homemade ranch!
Homemade Ranch Dressing. Yes, I tried it, and you should too. Unlike store-bought ranch which can be filled with unpronounceable ingredients, this homemade ranch is made with fresh, recognizable ingredients. I opted to use a combination of Greek yogurt, sour cream, and buttermilk as the base of my homemade ranch. I’m not at all a fan of mayo, but you can certainly sub mayo for all or part of the Greek yogurt if you like.
The pretty green color of this dressing lets you know that it’s made with fresh herbs, and the flavor of the herbs really comes through in the dressing. A little bit of lemon juice and garlic help to round out the flavor.
Ranch dressing is good for so much more than topping a salad. My favorite way to enjoy this homemade ranch is as a dip for fresh veggies. Carrots, bell pepper sticks, cucumber, broccoli florets, and even mushroom slices are all irresistible when dipped in this tangy dressing.
Ranch dressing has never been something that I buy often at the store, but I really won’t be buying it now that I know how simple it is to make. Just toss the ingredients in your blender, blend until smooth, and you’ve got a homemade salad dressing that’s worth getting excited about.
- ¾ cup lowfat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup sour cream (low fat works fine)
- ¼ to ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 small bunch chives
- small handful fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Place all ingredients, starting with just ¼ cup buttermilk, in a blender. Blend for 10 seconds. Check the consistency and blend in additional buttermilk if desired. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. The dressing should last as long as each individual ingredient would – probably about 2 weeks.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!