50 Easy Lunch Ideas
Over 50 of the best lunch ideas to make lunchtime easy and delicious! These easy lunch recipes are healthy and so satisfying. Includes meal prep lunches, crave-worthy sandwiches, salads, soups, wraps and more!
Best Lunch Ideas
Say goodbye to boring lunches! Figuring out what to eat for lunch can be a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be. Whether you’re looking for fresh lunch ideas to enjoy at home, packable lunches to take to work, or make ahead meal prep lunch recipes, I’ve got you covered! These mouthwatering recipes are quick, easy and (mostly) healthy. With over 50 lunch ideas in this recipe collection, you’ll be set with a scrumptious mid-day meal idea for every day of the week.
Meal Prep Lunch Recipes
There’s nothing more convenient than a make ahead lunch, and these easy meal prep lunch recipes are both healthy and loaded with flavor.
This flavor-packed quinoa salad has been one of my favorite lunch ideas for years. It’s super easy to make with quinoa, black beans, corn and a zesty chili-lime dressing. Hearty quinoa packs plenty of plant-based protein to keep you full for hours.
These meal prep taco salads are quick to assemble and stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days. You’ll look forward to lunchtime when you know these taco salads are ready to go!
Salads in a jar are a genius lunch idea that helps meal prepped salads to stay fresh for longer. The dressing goes in the bottom of the jar and then the ingredients are layered for maximum freshness. This healthy chicken salad is crisp and flavorful!
This tasty salad is full of Mediterranean flavors. It features protein-rich chickpeas, salty feta and briny kalamata olives, plus couscous. You’re going to want to make this vegetarian salad on repeat!
You might think of wild rice salad as being more of a side dish than a lunch idea, but I guarantee you that this is one of the most delicious and satisfying lunches you’ll try. This hearty salad has a crave-worthy combination of flavors and textures and it stays fresh for days in the fridge.
Here’s another vegetarian lunch idea for you: healthy broccoli salad layered in a jar to keep everything fresh until you’re ready to eat. The dressing is made with protein-rich Greek yogurt, a healthier alternative to mayo. Chickpeas and kale help to bulk up this salad to make it more filling, while sunflower seeds and apple add flavor and crunch.
Wraps and More! You’ll Love These Easy Lunch Ideas
Stuck in a sandwich rut? Try a wrap instead! Here you’ll find easy lunch recipes to keep your tastebuds happy, from wraps and nuggets to fried rice, quiche and more.
This wrap recipe is super simple to make and loaded with flavor. Spicy buffalo chicken, avocado, crisp lettuce and creamy blue cheese dressing are wrapped up in soft tortillas for a quick and tasty lunch.
If it’s low carb lunch ideas that you’re looking for, this cauliflower mac and cheese is just the thing. Cauliflower takes the place of pasta in this creamy “mac” and cheese recipe.
These healthy lettuce wraps are made with ground chicken, cashews and an orange-ginger sauce. Chopped carrot and bell pepper help to bulk up the filling and add more color and flavor.
These easy wraps are made with hummus, grilled veggies and spinach, plus pine nuts for crunch. Vegetables never tasted so good!
Possibly the easiest quiche you’ll ever make, this 5 ingredient broccoli cheddar quiche is perfect for serving alongside a salad for lunch. You’ll definitely want a second slice!
These healthy burritos feature pinto beans, avocado and veggies plus a creamy, spicy cilantro-lime yogurt sauce. Who else is ready to dig in?
I adore a big loaded salad for lunch, and here you’ll find my very favorite lunch salad recipes. With so many flavorful add-ins, these salads never get boring!
This is my go-to meal-sized salad, and it just happens to be vegetarian. With farro, apple, cranberries, feta and almonds in a refreshing lemon dressing, you’ll want to make this farro salad on repeat.
Protein-rich quinoa makes this spinach salad especially satisfying. The combination of textures and flavors is completely irresistible!
This taco salad has it all: seasoned ground beef, crisp lettuce, crunchy tortilla chips, black beans, corn and salsa. You can add cheese and sour cream or skip them for a dairy-free lunch idea.
Here’s another salad that packs in the Mediterranean flavors: orzo salad! Al dente orzo pasta, cucumber, red onion, chickpeas, kalamata olives and feta are all tossed in a zippy Greek salad dressing.
Looking for a lunch idea with plenty of fall vibes? This butternut squash kale salad is it! Roasted butternut squash, candied nuts, pomegranate seeds and goat cheese are truly irresistible in this colorful salad.
Who doesn’t love a classic Cobb salad? This one has all the fixings, including a tangy balsamic dressing. Prep the components ahead of time and then enjoy a lunch that will make your coworkers jealous all week long.
Salmon is the perfect healthy protein to keep you full for hours, especially when it’s served in this incredible spinach salad. Add this one to your list of lunch ideas, you’ll be glad you did!
Hearty kale, tender quinoa, creamy avocado and sweet blueberries make this kale salad anything but boring. This lunch idea is quick, healthy and delicious!
Sandwiches are a trusty lunchtime standby, and for good reason. Simple to make and endlessly customizable, these delicious sandwich lunch ideas will never get boring!
This is the best chicken salad recipe you’ll try! Crunchy celery, sweet grapes and a healthy, creamy dressing will make this your go-to chicken salad. It’s a great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken.
Comfort food doesn’t get any better than a grilled cheese sandwich, and the air fryer will be your new favorite way to make it! With ooey gooey cheese and toasty bread, this lunchtime indulgence is so worth it.
Serve this healthy tuna salad in a sandwich, in lettuce wraps, with crackers, or in avocado halves. It will be your new favorite tuna recipe!
Fancy up your tuna sandwich by turning it into a tuna melt. Adding cheese, tomato and buttery, toasty bread makes this classic lunch option even more irresistible.
Got leftover meatballs? A meatball sub is the perfect lunch option! This satisfying sandwich is loaded with flavor.
Pizza and Pasta Lunch Ideas
When you’re craving something hearty and comforting for lunch, pasta and pizza are sure to satisfy.
Cheesy, nutty pesto and pasta are a match made in heaven. Serve it with extra grated Parmesan cheese plus toasty pine nuts for crunch.
Using flatbread for pizza dough is an easy way to make homemade pizza at lunchtime. You’ll love the extra crispy crust and flavorful pesto sauce in this delicious recipe.
All of you pesto lovers are going to want to make this spinach pesto pasta with chicken. It’s fresh, healthy and make-ahead friendly.
These Cozy Soups are Perfect for Quick Lunches
Soups are the ideal lunch idea. You can load them up with veggies and they’re so satisfying. I like to make a big pot of soup at the beginning of the week and enjoy it for lunches for days. Most soups also freeze well, too, making it easy to add variety to your meals.
This hearty minestrone is my all-time favorite. With vegetables, pasta and beans in a flavorful broth, I could eat this every day.
This broccoli cheddar soup is creamy, healthy and easy to make! When you’re craving comfort food, it’s the perfect way to warm up.
With tender lentils, warm spices, veggies and fire roasted tomatoes, this lentil soup is healthy, full-flavored and easy to make.
Cozy and comforting, chicken noodle soup is like a hug in a bowl. What day wouldn’t be better with a bowl of this warming soup for lunch?
With only 15 minutes of active prep time, this tortellini soup is sure to become a favorite! Cheese tortellini, kale and veggies make this soup nice and hearty.
Healthy vegetable soup made with lots of colorful veggies is a perfect satisfying lunch idea.
This homemade tomato soup has rich tomato flavor and a luxurious creamy texture. It’s easy to make with just a few pantry ingredients, and the perfect accompaniment to a grilled cheese sandwich.
This simple asparagus soup is one that you’re sure to love. It has a bright, fresh flavor and a luxurious creamy texture, yet it’s made without cream.
If you’ve never tried cabbage soup, you are missing out. Richly flavored and full of healthy vegetables, this simple soup is likely to become a favorite.
Comforting and flavorful, split pea soup is a perfect lunch idea. This one is made with bacon instead of a ham bone, to give you rich flavor with a more accessible ingredient.
More Healthy Lunch Ideas
Here are a few more fresh and healthy lunch ideas to inspire your mid-day meals.
Succulent shrimp, colorful veggies and a flavorful stir fry sauce make for a delicious, healthy lunch.
Light and fresh, this easy one pot dish is made with zucchini noodles instead of pasta. Lemon and garlic bring lots of zippy flavor.
I love to serve hummus for lunch with fresh cut veggies and pita bread for dipping. It also makes an excellent sandwich spread.
Crisp-tender broccoli, mushrooms and bell peppers star in this easy vegetarian stir fry. Serve it over brown rice for a wholesome lunch idea.
50 Easy Lunch Ideas
Pico de Gallo*
- ¾ pound ripe red tomatoes (plum/roma), 2-3 tomatoes, diced small*
- ⅓ cup finely chopped white onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt, to taste
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup long grain white rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups water
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from 1 lime
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced; or guacamole
- sour cream, lime wedges, optional, for serving
- Make the Pico de Gallo: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; stir. Set aside.
- Make the Cilantro Lime Rice: Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and rice and toast for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in the water and bring to a simmer. As soon as the pot comes to a simmer, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook at a very slow simmer without lifting the lid for 15 minutes. Then remove the pot from the heat and let the rice rest for 10 minutes with the lid on. Fluff the rice; stir in the lime zest, lime juice, cilantro and salt.
- Prepare the Chicken: Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir or whisk to mix.
- Place the chicken breasts in a zip-top bag or between two sheets of parchment paper and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound them to an even ½-inch thickness. Rub the seasoning mixture over all sides of the chicken breasts.
- Grill chicken on an outdoor grill or oiled grill pan over medium to medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then chop into bite size pieces.
- Assemble the Burrito Bowls: Divide the lettuce evenly between 4 bowls (or meal prep containers). To each bowl, add cilantro lime rice, chicken, pico de gallo, black beans, corn, and avocado or guacamole.
- To save time, instead of making homemade pico de gallo, you can use store-bought pico de gallo or salsa.
- When making pico de gallo, remove the core, seeds and juice from the tomatoes so that they don’t water down pico de gallo.
- These burrito bowls are perfect for meal prep. The grilled chicken, rice and pico de gallo will stay fresh for about 3 days stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator. You can also prep the lettuce, black beans and corn and store in the refrigerator. It’s best to assemble the bowls right before serving to keep everything fresh.