Buffalo Chicken Wrap
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
This Buffalo Chicken Wrap is filled with spicy buffalo chicken, avocado, crisp lettuce and creamy blue cheese dressing. It’s easy to make and perfect for lunch or a quick dinner.
Like this recipe? Pin it to Pinterest!
If you love buffalo sauce, then this buffalo chicken wrap recipe is sure to become one of your favorite easy lunch ideas. It’s a delicious combination of flavors and so satisfying. The buffalo sauce makes these buffalo chicken wraps especially filling, since spice has a satiating effect. The spicy sauce is balanced out by the other wrap ingredients: creamy blue cheese dressing and avocado, plus crunchy romaine lettuce and shredded carrot.
These chicken wraps are a great way to use leftover chicken, and you can meal prep most of the other ingredients ahead of time as well. I like to use homemade Buffalo Sauce and Blue Cheese Dressing when I make these wraps, but store-bought also works well. If you do decide to go the homemade route, you can make the sauce and dressing ahead of time, since both keep well in the refrigerator. Serve the wraps with fresh veggies or fruit on the side, such as carrot sticks, celery and grapes.
Buffalo Chicken Wrap Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy buffalo chicken wrap recipe:
- Cooked Chicken: You’ll need either chopped or shredded cooked chicken. See the meal prep chicken wraps section below for easy ways to cook the chicken, or use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
- Buffalo Sauce: For a store-bought option, I recommend Frank’s buffalo wings hot sauce.
- Tortillas: Look for large, wrap size flour tortillas.
- Lettuce: Chopped romaine lettuce adds a nice crunch to the chicken wraps.
- Shredded Carrot: For color, flavor and an added healthy vegetable.
- Avocado: Creamy avocado balances out the spicy buffalo chicken and adds flavor and healthy fats.
- Blue Cheese Dressing: Buffalo sauce and blue cheese are a delicious combination!
How to Make a Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Toss the cooked chicken with the buffalo sauce.
- Place chopped romaine on each tortilla, in a line that’s slightly off center (this makes for easier wrapping).
- Add the shredded carrot and avocado, followed by the buffalo chicken.
- Drizzle on the blue cheese dressing. Then tightly wrap, burrito-style. Serve and enjoy!
- Add shredded Monterey jack or cheddar cheese.
- Use ranch dressing instead of blue cheese.
- Add halved cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers, cucumber or bell peppers.
- Skip the blue cheese dressing and spread the tortilla with cream cheese before adding the filling.
- Replace the romaine lettuce with coleslaw. Skip the blue cheese dressing since the coleslaw dressing will add creaminess.
Meal Prep Chicken Wraps
Make these buffalo chicken wraps come together even faster with these tips:
- Use rotisserie chicken or cook the chicken up to 3 days ahead of time using one of these recipes: Grilled Chicken, Poached Chicken, Instant Pot Shredded Chicken, Baked Chicken Breast or Air Fryer Chicken Breast. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Wash and chop the lettuce ahead of time. Store in the fridge for up to one week, in an airtight container lined with a paper towel.
- If using homemade blue cheese dressing or buffalo sauce, make it ahead and store in the refrigerator.
With ingredients prepped ahead, you can have these chicken wraps ready to enjoy for lunch or dinner in no time!
More Easy Lunch Ideas
Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Place the cooked chicken in a medium bowl. Add the buffalo sauce and toss to evenly coat the chicken.
- Divide the romaine between the four tortillas, placing it down the tortilla in a line slightly off center (for easier wrapping). On top of the lettuce, add the shredded carrot, avocado and buffalo chicken. Drizzle with the blue cheese dressing.
- Tightly wrap up each tortilla. Serve immediately.
- Adjust the amount of buffalo sauce to your tastes.