Banana Pancake Muffins
Two breakfast favorites combine in these Pancake Muffins. Made with white whole-wheat flour and bananas, these muffins are lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup for a healthy breakfast, brunch or snack.
Quick, easy, delicious, and healthy breakfasts. That’s what we all need, right? On weekends we like to make either my healthy pancakes recipe or our best buttermilk pancakes but we keep the freezer stocks with these pancakes muffins for a weekday grab and go breakfast.
What makes these pancake muffins? The muffin batter is made with buttermilk and maple syrup, which bring the comforting flavor of a pancake into each muffin. The muffins have the light, fluffy texture that you expect from a perfect pancake mix. Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it? Add an extra drizzle of maple syrup and you’ll be in pancake muffin heaven. So, why decide between pancakes and muffins when you can have both with this delicious pancake bites!
Freezing the Muffins for a Quick Breakfast
These Pancake Muffins can be made ahead and stored in your freezer until you’re ready to eat them. A quick defrost in the microwave and you’ll have a warm, healthy breakfast ready to go. If you have the time for a sit down breakfast, the muffins are amazing drizzled with a little maple syrup. If you’re in a hurry, skip the syrup and take a muffin with you for a grab and go breakfast or morning snack.
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¾ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup mashed ripe banana about 2 medium
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- maple syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together white whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- To the bowl with the melted butter, add the mashed banana, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined. Whisk in the buttermilk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined, being careful not to overmix. It's ok if you still see a few clumps of flour in the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about ¾ of the way full and dividing the batter evenly between the 12 wells. Bake for 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let pancake muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack. Use a toothpick to poke a few holes in the top of each muffin. Drizzle each muffin with a little more maple syrup right before serving.
You will also love these healthy muffins:
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!