Triple Chocolate Banana Muffins
FREE GROUND BEEF FOR LIFE when you order your first ButcherBox today. Claim Now.
Your regular old banana muffin gets a makeover with whole-wheat flour and three kinds of chocolate. These Triple Chocolate Banana Muffins will turn your so-so morning into a great one!
After a long week, I always look forward to a little baking therapy on the weekend. Most of the time I don’t want anything too complicated or time-consuming, because the point is to rest up after a busy week, right? I want to save plenty of time for relaxing with a good book, hanging out at the pool with the kids, or going for a long walk.
Muffins are the perfect baking project when you crave something sweet and want it in your belly quickly. Especially these Triple Chocolate Banana Muffins. They will satisfy your sweet tooth AND your chocolate craving. They’re made with whole-wheat flour so you don’t have to feel too guilty about eating them, even for breakfast. I used white whole-wheat for it’s milder wheat flavor and you’d never know these muffins contain whole grains if I didn’t tell you.
To make these muffins triple chocolate, I used cocoa powder, melted chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips. The banana and chocolate flavors meld together perfectly, and your kitchen will smell amazing as these muffins bake. Breakfast, snack, or even dessert… Triple Chocolate Banana Muffins are delicious any time of day!
Be sure to try my Chocolate Banana Bread next. It’s soft, moist and full of chocolate and banana flavor!
- ¾ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana (2-3 bananas)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ounces (heaping ⅓ cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 ½ ounces (½ cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together white whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Place the mashed banana in a large bowl. Whisk in the melted butter and then the eggs. Whisk in the Greek yogurt and vanilla until well combined. Add the 2 ounces melted chocolate chips and whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until barely combined; gently stir in the ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins, filling almost to the top. Bake for about 15 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Other favorite muffin recipes:
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!